"wow mom why are you even on cafemom"

"when so many women are so mean"?

I was looking through a post today and there were some snide remarks by som moms but not all...well my 18 yr old sat next to me reading out loud to my 23 yr old the things that these moms were saying...I told my 18 yr old to go away and this is just how some women are...referring to the snide remarks...my 23 yr old was aying it sounds like high school..she is correct on that! but also explained that life in general is like high school ...and she asked why I even bother with cafemom if there was going to be a few rude people.
Well quite frankly...it is where I find my friends at..since i have none in real life..
the point my kids were trying to make is if women are going to be so rude why stick with the group?...then I felt like a looser telling them it's because I want to ..they are my friends..it is all I have

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• mean people are just a small percentage and most of them are trolls. There are SO many women who are here to help with anything. So many moms have offered me personal help with emails and even phone conversations. I love this site, it's so helpful and most moms are really kind. I just ignore the rude replies. Of course there are people with different opinions but I only ignore them when they're being rude.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:46 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Get out and go some where and forget all these rude people on here.
    lendales_mommi

Answer by lendales_mommi at 1:44 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Im not being mean, I promise.....but dont you think you should make friends else where as well? kind of strange. ooch sorry.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:54 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Op here...I live in an isolated rural area....friends are not around here.....I have old friends on Facebook...but nobody to hang out with or to call up and ask if they would want to visit
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:06 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Oh I agree. I see some posts and answers -- and yet I'm considered the "oddball" person. Okay then. As an introvert without friends, family, or transportation, the only reason I'm on Cafe Mom (checking in about every 2 weeks) is so I can meet with some local moms on occasion for kiddie playdates; although, I'm not happy with the games that make it back home so I'm looking into alternatives. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't be here. I'd rather be alone and not talk to anyone that get entwined to the asinine stuff I read here.

Life is only like high school if you let it. I left high school and all it comes with behind years ago. If someone wants high school games, then they're more than welcome to play without me. I don't have the time or energy. Actually, watching paint dry would be a better use of my time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:29 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Well... even with "going out and meeting people" you'll come across rude/bitchy people. Online, they're more noticeable, because we're encountering different/same people in every section.
    Friends are like flowers... you have to pick the weeds to find a true rose. It's the fact of life.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:46 AM on May. 30, 2010

• It's easier for us gals to be snarkier and caddier online because, despite having maybe a picture of ourselves up, we're still virtually anonymous to each other... especially the ones who actually post anon on here!
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 2:47 AM on May. 30, 2010

• its true I agree I am on here to much and a lot of women are mean! When I think on it I think that these mean women are sour and I just avoid them when I can. You can add me as a friend on here I also live in a rural area and are moving to an even more rural area!!! Yike lol
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 8:01 AM on May. 30, 2010