How Can I get an attourney for a divorice that Im going threw right now?

I already had my first hearing......i don't have $2,500.00 for a attorney!, I need lots of help and I am not getting that at all!, my x-husband has a attourney and it's kicking the crap out of me right now....we have a 1month old baby girl....they tried to get her taken away from me, I live in Jefferson Wisconsin if you have any information that may help me please tell me, Thank you so much!

GyesMommy08

Asked by GyesMommy08 at 1:58 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• email me with as much info as you can, I might be able to help.
    How long were you married for, reasons of divorce, etc.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 2:00 AM on May. 30, 2010

• You can look up legal aid and see if they can take your case.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:40 AM on May. 30, 2010

• All states require attorneys to volunteer to do work pro bono (free). Call the courthouse and see where to sign up for that. It usually costs $40 one time only consult fee.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:29 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I am in the same boat! I have a HUGE post on helping me with my divorce. It has taken me 4 days + 3 day weekend to find a few. I am waiting from 2 law offices now. Legal Aid was my first RIGHT call I made. They got my info and gave me numbers to call for low income. I notice when you call the low income places they are more willing to give you phone numbers and keep passing them to you until you find some one. 211 from your phone has legal help too.
    JuneWestling

Answer by JuneWestling at 12:24 AM on May. 31, 2010