I am 34 weeks pregnant.

thursday I went to the er and found out that im dialated to a cm,there was white cells in my urine and they said it was a uti.gave me some meds and told me that if i wasnt better by sunday to come in..i just went to the bathroom and there was a thick white mucus,well the paprer work said that if there was that it was a sign of labor is it true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it is a mucus plug. nothing to worry about. just getting close to that time.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:24 AM on May. 30, 2010

• agree with PP
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 2:27 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Actually, I have a severe history of UTI's during pregnancy, and they can cause cervical discharge and such. That may be what it is to tell you the truth. I currently have a severe UTI actually with this pregnancy, lol.. And I am experiencing a larger amount of discharge from the infection.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 2:39 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I think it is your Mucus plug as well. I also had a UTI will preggo and it is not fun but, it never messed with my dischage. Did they give you a list of what to look for? I just did a quick google search on UTI and did not see any anything that related UTI with thick white discharge. I would tell your doc via phone call in the morning just to be safe. However with you already being 1 cm I am sure its your plug and sings* You're gonna have your baby* big hugs!!
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 7:33 AM on May. 30, 2010

• It could be your mucous plug which COULD be a sign of labor or COULD NOT be a sign of labor. It could also be discharge from the UTI. I lost part of my plug around 35 weeks and went on to have my child only 10 days early. I was also dilated to 1 cm at around 36 weeks and didn't move from there until I had him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 30, 2010