hair ops help!!!!!!

i dyed my hair. it was suppost to be dark red but came out way way too dark, i dont wanna strip my hair its already dry as it is being its curly plus i straighten it alot....anway i was thinking of putting lighter red highlights in it or bright red highlights, but how would i do that if my hair is sooo dark now, help!! p.s im fair skined and my nat hair color is strawberry blonde!

DeeMarie87

Asked by DeeMarie87 at 2:32 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I just came back on to ask this same question, except I have dark hair and it came out way too light. I have no answers for you, just letting you know you're not alone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on May. 30, 2010

• give it a good conditioning mask treatment. ION makes a great one. put it on, put a shower cap over it, leave it for at least 1 hour then rinse. That should help with the dryness

I would wait at least a week before doing any other color on my hair, if i were you. Wash it with really warm/ almost hot water to wash some of the color out until then.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:41 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My mother in law used to do hair, and she had me mix 2 parts peroxide (the higher % from the hair care store, not the brown bottle for cuts) with 1 part cheap shampoo (suave works best), put it in my hair, and leave for about 30 minutes, wash it out, let the hair dry, and do it again. It worked for me, and didn't hurt my hair. I had the same problem when I did it that you do now. Or, you can get a professional to do it. There's no way to color over the really dark hair w/out first lightening it. Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:41 AM on May. 30, 2010

• You cant do anything unless You bleach it because color cant lift color.
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 5:54 PM on May. 31, 2010