I feel like we accomplished something...

I have co-slept from day one of my LO being here
I also breastfeed so it just made nights a lot easier

well My son is now sleeping in his crib, he's 6 and a half months now. He still wakes up once because he gets hungry in the early AM so I nurse him but then he's right back to sleep.

we also have him on a schedule, wake at 8 sleep time at 9pm and 3 naps in between, and it works really well this way because we basically made the schedule based off of what he already sort of does.

anyway

WHAT HAVE YOU ACHIEVED AS A PARENT LATELY THAT YOU ARE PROUD OF?

wrote that in caps so you dont just think i was rambling cause i want everyone to share :P

DomoniqueWS

Asked by DomoniqueWS at 2:34 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well, I love the fact that my daughter is so considerate of other people's feelings. She's only 5 years old, I realise she's too young but she really does care about the world.
    I took her and my nieces to a shelter for homeless people over Christmas and we helped out serving food etc. My nieces are 9, 11 and 13 and my daughter is 5. When we returned home my nieces opened their presented and moved on with their lives.
    My daughter came to me and asked me if we can do this more often because nobody does it when it's not Christmas.

My sister was amazed by that comment and that's when I realised how unique my daughter is.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 3:35 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Mikhail nursed til he was 19mon and 14days
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:42 AM on May. 30, 2010

• i have realized, that so far,lol, i have raised a healthy, confident little boy! although this may change when he hits his teenage years, for right now, at 7, he has so much faith in himself to be different, and stand out, and not be afraid of critisizm. i am really proud of that. he is the only boy with a mowhawk and pierced ears in his school, and he loves it! he told me the other day, "mommy, im the only one in my class with any style" lol (hopefully he wont take it too far with being vain) and hes told me that some of the boys say they dont like his earrings, but he tells me all the girls love it, so he doesnt care what the boys think! lol. i know when i was that age, i certainly was afraid of being different or singled out, so i am proud that i have had some kind of influence on him to be confident like that!!! hopefully he wont lose it!
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I don't feel like I really accomplish anything. My house is clean, my children are well taken care of, we go to the park and have friends over all the time, I read to them. I just do normal things. I never BF or co slept.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• @ anon 2:45, just that is an accomplishment honey! if you got kids and can say your house is clean, GO YOU!! and that they are well taken care of and you read to them, that is great! dont ever put yourself down! i never breastfed either, although i did co-sleep some but doesnt matter.
    jeanniegirl82

Answer by jeanniegirl82 at 2:48 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I am proud that dd has been 3-6 months ahead developmentally since she was 3 months old. I am also proud that she has been potty trained for 2 weeks now w/ no accidents. I am proud that I went from co sleeping (for 2yrs) to getting her to sleep in her own bed w/o tears and telling her "ok its bed time" and her just going to bed. I am proud that so far I am a better parent than my parents... Hmmm... Thats it so far. : )
    Ballababy177

Answer by Ballababy177 at 7:41 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My 18 year old is graduating from high school this year near the top of her class! I know she put in the brain power and time to study, but I always supported her in her studies, her extra-curricular activities, helped her through personal struggles, and raised her to be a responsible adult. I am so proud of my daughter!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:14 AM on May. 30, 2010