My BIL's dog.

He's been having some issues, and I'm curious. Has this happened to you? Any suggestions/ideas it could possibly be?

Hair loss.
Weight loss.
No apetite.
Sleeps/lies around ALL day.

This used to be an extremely active dog, he would actually run away for hours at a time if he didn't have his daily walks, and so it's definitely odd to see him lying around, practically moping. BIL claims that he'll take him to the vet next Friday, but I do love animals, and I'm concerned.

So again. Ideas? Suggestions? Happened to you? What happened?

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 3:41 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Pets

• When was he last dewormed? I think I would take him to the vet. Good luck!
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 4:08 AM on May. 30, 2010

• you might want to ask the vet to check his thyroid my uncle's dog has problems with his and if he doesnt give the dog his meds he will lay around all day and not do anything but sleep i dont know about the hair loss tho
    alliesmommy07

Answer by alliesmommy07 at 5:47 AM on May. 30, 2010

• sounds like worms..
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 11:04 AM on May. 30, 2010

• That also could be signs of diabetes. Tell your BIL to take the dog to the vet.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 10:43 AM on May. 31, 2010

• My dog did the same thing when he had cancer....it could be alot of things, you/ your BIL needs to take him to the vet so they can do tests
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:40 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Ya ur BIL or someone should take him sooner if possible it could be soooo many things! Cancer. worms, an intestinal blockage... the list goes on. Hope he gets better soon! GL! and give him lots of love and pets! (Our family is sending pats)

hotrodmomma

Answer by hotrodmomma at 1:34 PM on Jun. 1, 2010