Is my son dangerous that he slide down on the floor hit his back head ?

Dear All mom,
my son slide down on the floor and hit his back head but there is not knot on his head and I am so very about this but after that I did not take him to hospital .Should I talke him to X-ray ?so please kindly advice me if you have ever had experience about this.Thanks so much for your help.

Darareach

Asked by Darareach at 4:51 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Health

• My daughter hit the back of her head at Burger King and I took her to her doctor and she sent her to the hospital for an MRI which indicated a moderate concussion.  My advice to you is if you feel like you need to take your son to the hospital than take him.  It's always better to be safe than sorry.  GL & GB

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 5:18 AM on May. 30, 2010

• blowing kissesI am so sorry to hear your little one is hurt. I would take him in, but to an all night urgent care if you have one. ER bills are so high and the wait can take forever! My son has hit is head and I have rushed him to the ER and to urgent care. He is a very active child and has done it a few times! I don't get so worried anymore, now I use the check list they give you at the ER to check for concussion. Like dizzy, upset tummy, head ache, blurred vision, sleepiness, eyes not the same size the pupil, not everyone has all of them some even have no sign and they can be in trouble. Head injuries are tricky. I hope some of this info helps good luck Mama :)

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 6:12 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Kiwi ran into the corner once, and got a golf ball size knot on her forehead in seconds. I called her doctor, and he told me that as long as the knot wasn't going in, she was fine, just look for dizziness, nausea, and being overly tired. He also told me to postpone her nap for about an hour. She was 15 months at the time.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 9:38 AM on May. 30, 2010