Do you ever feel like giving up on your man?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Nope! My husband is a wonderful hard working man, great father, and my best friend! I couldn't ask for any better =)
    Apple_Pie2010

Answer by Apple_Pie2010 at 5:07 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Not giving up on him but more like giving up on the relationship,if that makes sense! were great together its just the people around us and the bullshit going on keeps holding us back,sometimes I feel like calling it quits,but I know thats Not what I want Im just waiting for all the dumb ish to blow over so we can actually be happy!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 5:21 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Not even for a minute, he's had a lot of people in his life either give up on him or let him down when he really needed them. (i.e. his mother) The last thing I would ever do is to not be there for him when he needed me. It's an equal thing though, he's there in my corner too.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 5:36 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Nope! My husband is my rock, and we need each other! We're raising two special needs children together, and there is nothing more important to us than to do it together.

Every relationship hits rough spots at times. The healthy relationships work through it, the unhealthy ones fall apart. If BOTH of you are committed to the relationship (both, being the key word), then you should be doing whatever it takes to make it work. Relationships that are one-sided (meaning only one person puts in ALL the effort) are destined to fail. If that is what you are experiencing, and your husband/SO doesn't want to work on the relationship, then it might be a relationship that has run it's course!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 6:55 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Girl there have been days I would rather throw a cup at him than say good morning and I still have not given up! Giving up means the end. I love him we do NOT have the perfect marrage. No one does I don't care what these women on here say "he's my rock, my bestfriend" and all that is shit! And I could say that about my DH on a good day too! LOL

But the true trick is to just hold on and don't let go...in my mind its more like riding a bull and every buck repercents marital problems ie:

bills, dishes, car repairs, errors not run, who is going to get up with the baby, why did you spend that much at Wal*Mart tonight and so on...so this formula helps

1) try not to go to bed mad it just makes for a crapy next day
    2) try even when it hurts say something nice
    3)try to look at his side
    4)Be kind to each other
    5)just forgive
    6)love with all your heart

This has worked for me 6 + mostly beautiful years!
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 7:14 AM on May. 30, 2010

• We have been married 21 years. There has been times when I wonder why I married him. But then we make up. There are always ups and downs in a marriage. It is not always good.

Answer by louise2 at 7:20 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Nope, I never want to give up on him. I said it once, but didn't mean it. Fortunately for me, he knew that. And I never said it again. And never will. I love him, and I want to spend forever with him. I will never give up on him, or on us, no matter what happens. That's what love is: never giving up.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 7:22 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I use to. Marriage is a HARD thing. It took me 4 years of wanting to leave my husband. 2 years to start learning to love him and see his good qualities. Sometimes we think what is a good match isn't always. But, other times we need to grow more in the relationship to see what we thought was a bad thing really isn't.
    happynewyorker

Answer by happynewyorker at 7:34 AM on May. 30, 2010

• No. My husband is the most wonderful man I could ever ask for. He's my best friend, the best father I could ask for for my kids and the one person I can share everything with. There have been times when our fights were so intense I wanted to rip his eyes off!! And I know for a fact he's felt the same way about me.. But we always have a great time making up. I love my man!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 8:01 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Yup then he does something very nice and makes me reconsider. I think he knows when he's pushed me too far and then he stops that testosterone nonsense and acts like a human

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 AM on May. 30, 2010