colorado tech university??

DH has been looking into colleges, and he has asked into colorado tech (an online college). Are they nationally accreditted? And he hasn't registerted, just inquired, and he's getting amails that his books will come in 20 days???? Anyone dealt with them before? I don't want to be roped into paying for anything, and we don't know how much financial aid he's elligible for (no response from FAFSA yet)

eirejade

Asked by eirejade at 7:40 AM on May. 30, 2010 in

• I have never heard of them I would hault everything until you know for sure. Is he planning on doing summer sessions or just fall? If fall he has lots of time. Summer can be tricky with using your pell grant. GL to him and you too ;)
    Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 8:18 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Colorado Tech is a nationally accredited school (it is a for-profit school). What you really need is a regionally accredited school. I do have a friend who graduated from Colorado Tech and she did enjoy it, however, she now has about $30,000 to pay back just for an associate degree. The average class cost $1300 (not including books or supplies). What does he want to major in? I can find a state college that has online degrees and will be about half the cost.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:38 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

If you truly believe that this is the right school for you, please speak with hiring managers in your chosen area of study, and make sure that they give equal consideration to graduates of the program you will be completing

Answer by rkoloms at 6:59 PM on May. 30, 2010