Am I strange????

I hear ladies on here that they wash cloths every day. Even when my DD's where still at home I only washed cloths once a week. I do not think you need to wear cloths just once then wash them. Of corse underwear is only worn once. But I am talking about pants and shirts. Our family always has had enough cloths to wear for a week or more. Before having to wash.

Asked by louise2 at 7:53 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well in my house we have a lot of laundry. My work uniform is scrubs and my husband wears casual clothing to work. He smells if he wears the same shirt more than once. If I come home from work and change into a pair of shorts and a tee and only wear it for a while then I will wear it the next day.
    My two teen age daughters go through a ton of clothing. They wear cami's jeans and a shirt. Underwear and a bra every day. OY. then the towels are insane. They use 7-14 per week. It is crazy. Not even to speak of the linens. We have dogs who sleep in the bed and they leave hair behind. So they must be washed.
    Yeah a couple of loads a day would keep it at bey. Other wise it is 20 loads once a week. For a family of 4 adult sized people.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• No you are NOT strange, I wash every weekend ONLY due to high water bills. Laundry detergent is high too, so you're not alone because I do the exact same thing. Washing everyday can be expensive, I hate to see her water bill, and electric bill from using the dryer everyday too. Now if my toddler wet the bed, then yes, I will immmediately wash the linen, but that doesn't happen very often.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 10:53 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Both DH and I wear our clothes only once, then wash them before wearing them again. That's what we've always done. And my 5-year-old loves to play outside every afternoon so she gets dirty. She can't wear her clothes more than once.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 7:57 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I may wear a pair of pants/ shorts or a shirt a couple days, depending on how physically active or sweaty I was the first day. But I end up washing every two or three days anyway, mainly because of towels.

Answer by Bmat at 8:02 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My SO and I wear pants and shorts 2-3 times, but everything else is a one time deal and out DD is definitely a one timer with clothes but what 2 yo isn't.
    coala

Answer by coala at 8:04 AM on May. 30, 2010

• BTW I do 3-4 loads a week depending on sheets and towels
    coala

• I do laundry once a week or every two weeks and it takes me all day. About 8 loads. I have way to many clothes in my house. My kids wear all clothes only once. Me and hubby wear our shorts/pants 2-3 times but not shirts.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 8:06 AM on May. 30, 2010

• When I see people claim they do 3 or 4 loads a day, I really wonder how they go through so much stuff. I certainly get a few wearings out of most jeans/pants. My 3-year-old? Nah, she gets stuff on her clothes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on May. 30, 2010

• How wasteful! Only clothes that are dirty/smelly need to be washed, duh.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:12 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I wear my stuff only once. Imagine all the places you go and what you pick up on your clothing. You're bringing home a little piece of everywhere you go.Germs,DNA,dirt,smoke,exhaust...etc. I do laundry 4 days a week,2 loads each time.I feel if you wait until your clothes are visibally dirty,theres a good chance you won't be getting all that dirt out. I wash in cold only and my stuff looks and smells great.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:46 AM on May. 30, 2010