Sinus problems..do fed up

I don't know if it's allergies or what but nothing works. Everyone suggests what I should take over the counter, try it, no results. I'm so out of ideas and I'm getting sick of it. What have you tried?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 8:45 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• If you have tried everything then I would suggest visiting your doc at this point. As Anon :00 says, you might have an infection. Or you just might need a prescription strength med. Or the doc may have some other home remedies that you can try.
    Hope you find some relief soon!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:04 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I ended up at an allergist's office for chronic sinus problems. I think I was probably on antibiotics for about 6 months! He did testing and I'm allergic to my life: cats/ grass/ feathers/ dust and dust mites/ some trees and I dont' remember what all else now. After my infection was gone I did get allergy shots for about 2 years and I haven't had more than one or two sinus infections in the past 10 years. I have been taking Zyrtec daily for this whole time, since before it was over the counter, and in the beginning, I was taking it twice a day.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 9:07 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I started using a neti pot and dont have problems anymore with my sinuses

Answer by admckenzie at 9:18 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Yeah I find that there is nothing that really works. The thing is you have to find your balance. I find eating less bread and pasta helps. Drinking loads of water helps- sometimes sudifed with motrin helps. The thing is I have had conic sinus infections and antibiotics really don't work either. AS soon as I was off of them for a week it would be back. I take benedryl every night and rotate how I sleep. Half of the night on one side then the other half flip. Seems to help that the mucus won't accumulate on one side.
    I did use Astelin nose spray for a while and it worked at first. No longer though. Good luck.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 11:40 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Yeah, I've had more sinus infections/problems than fingers I can count with on my hands. I'm sick of it.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 12:17 PM on May. 30, 2010