Do you call a plumber for your clogged bathtub drain?

I don't want to use the Drano. The INternet has many suggestions on how to unclogged the tub drain but I was wondering which one would really work. Should I call the plumber?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• we remove much of the clog as we can, most likely it's hair and soap build-up. Then we put salt, baking soda, and vinegar in the drain. about a cup of each. Then we let it sit until all the vinegar is gone down the drain. (we put the salt and baking soda in first). After that flush the drain with hot water.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 9:26 AM on May. 30, 2010

• There is this stuff called caustic soda - we use it for our drains. You can pick it up at the hardwear shop, but it's really really dangerous to skin, so you have to stay well protected and do it very very carefully.

But it is by far the BEST drain cleaner - one blast of it and your drain is TOTALLY cleared, however blocked it was.

Info - http://www.ehow.com/about_6557608_caustic-soda-drain-cleaning.html
    ladysavage

Answer by ladysavage at 8:59 AM on May. 30, 2010

• How about buying a plumber's snake and using that?

We had a clogged bathtub drain this morning. My husband showed me how to remove the plug and clean out the hair trap. Took about 3 minutes.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 9:01 AM on May. 30, 2010

• lady...

Thank you for the tip. But I just want to stay away from chemicals that could harm you. But Thank you anyway. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on May. 30, 2010

• michigan...

I'll see if it works. Thank you. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on May. 30, 2010

•  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I take the little screen off the tub and then clean out the trap. I also got this little plastic thingy at Walmart that you stick down and it pulls out even more hair. After that if it still isn't running good then I put about 3 tbsp of baking soda in there and push it down as far as I can and then dump vinegar in until it stops bubbling. Then run a bunch of water down the drain and you are good.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 9:14 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Sometimes the clogged is too deep then you have to use the "snake" or a "gauger".
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:48 AM on May. 30, 2010

• auger*
    Anonymous