I have started blogging about things that are important to me (domestic violence, restraining orders, etc.) and was wondering how to get paid for blogging. Anyone have any suggestions?

I have started blogging about things like domestic violence, restraining orders, and current news events along that line. How would I get started getting paid for it?

CharityTipton

Asked by CharityTipton at 9:14 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Unfortunately there are thousands upon thousands of bloggers.
    Most blogs don't ever get read - but, the few that do have a few frequent fans can sometimes sell advertising space, google adds and the like. They won't actually pay you straight out to use space, but you'll get like 30c everytime someone clicks on one of their adds through your blog.
    It won't make you much though - $10 a month at best.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Are you any good at writing? Most bloggers aren't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I feel that I am. Here is the link to my blog. Feel free to let me know what you think.

http://docsangel-listen2me.blogspot.com/
    CharityTipton

Answer by CharityTipton at 9:40 AM on May. 30, 2010

• over at the stir, Heather Murphy-Raines (aka scout's honor) just did a piece about unemployment. In the comments, she discusses getting started as a blogger. A lot of it is social networking.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/in_the_news/104095/unemployment_tempered_with_our_childrens

again, the advice is in the comments, not the actual article.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:47 AM on May. 30, 2010

• It's my understanding that your pay is based on how many followers you have. You get paid through advertising revenue and affiliate links. Check out click 2 sell and click bank. It will better explain affiliate programs. I have studied all of this stuff pretty extensively. It's very very hard to make a living through blogging, but it is possible. I have subscribed to a blogger who has thousands of followers. He has written sever eboooks etc. He doesn't make very much money at all. As a matter of fact, he asks for donations. He has been homeless several times. He has determination though i can give him that. One of his followers ended up taking him in and allows him to blog out of their home.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:55 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Thank you. I do have a full time job but looking for something to do to make a little extra money on the side.
    CharityTipton

Answer by CharityTipton at 11:04 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Get A LOT of followers to your blog. Join lots of social networks that people will follow your blog. Click bank and getting your badge on other moms blogs, get your blog in the search engines.
    Post your Blog everywhere you can think of. Google ad sense
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 12:52 PM on May. 30, 2010

• There is a website, that will pay you, if they choose your work. Let me see if I can find it. I found it through Good Morning America. Be right back.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:22 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I can't find it at the moment, I know my husband as done a few things. They don't pay much, but if you submit something to them, and they use it, they pay you about $25 to $50 dollars, depending on several factors. As soon as I find it I will post it.
    TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:28 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Found it, it is free to register, it is put on through AOL. You have various companies looking for various subjects and topics that they need someone to blog about. I don't know if they have things in regarding to what you have been blogging about, but they might. It would be worth looking through it and seeing. http://www.seed.com/

TBandNCmommy

Answer by TBandNCmommy at 2:32 PM on May. 30, 2010