Are we being told the truth about the oil leak? Do you think it is true that they are going after the mouse and ignoring the elephant?

Some basic facts about the Gulf of Mexico
catastrophe not being shared with the
public:

1. The leak that BP is very publicly trying
to close is NOT the main leak.

2. The amount of crude spilling into
the Gulf daily is not 5,000 barrels a day
as reported - it appears to be over
100,000 barrels today

3. The technology to deal with this exists
and BP - and the US government - are willfully
not using it.

http://www.brasschecktv.com/page/855.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that we are forgetting that for the first time in the history of oil extraction BP took the huge risk of going TOO deep into the ocean to make the hole. With nature no one can predict what's going to happen.

Have you notice how bad are the weather forecasts??? just a thought!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 30, 2010

• cont...

I keep thinking why these weather forecasts are inaccurate. Don't they have state of art technology for this.

Same with oil...no one could predict it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Personally...this whole thing with government does not surprise me! I think they lie and cover up alot if not everything!!! Sorry but that is the world we live in....I believe in conspiracies and cover ups! Who knows what the hell really goes on in their own little world apart from ours? I don't believe in our government anymore, I use to, but the way they function and deal with problems are not really to benefit us are they? I think they say alot of things that people WANT to hear....but again ACTIONS speak LOUDER than words......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 30, 2010

• You are right, Anon :03.
    Inaction speaks louder than words too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I think this whole situation is bullshit! I can't believe its been more than 40 days & the ppl in charge are still scratching their asses. I'm buycotting these fucks & hope hope hope that one day all the oil will actually get cleaned up. It didn't in Alaska w/ the Exxon Valdez spill! They went back 20 yrs later & there's still oil on everything! This will affect all of America for a very long time to come!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:27 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Nyx7, I am with you!!! I do not drive so I can't really boycott however there are 2 BP stations by me and I make sure nobody I KNOW goes there!!!! The other 3 gas stations have posted signs that they do not use BP oil. It is so horrible and people are playing the blame game, BP is at fault anyone with 1/2 a brain knows this!!!! They need to do something about this before more land is ruined and more animals DIE!!!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 11:27 AM on May. 30, 2010

• you all need to get a life...this was not a conspiracy....they are doing everything they can...it's a terrible situation that BP had knowledge of prior and should be held completely accountable for.

You would be complaining if the federal govt rushed right in and took over and you are complaining that the fed govt isn't doing enough (when it's BP's fault)....can't have it both ways....

Let's just all hope they figure it out already!
    Anonymous

• Anon NOBODY is saying it was a conspiracy!What we are saying is that they are NOT being completely honest with everything. They are NOT doing everything they can... they are scratching their heads!!!!!

delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 12:14 PM on May. 30, 2010

• NYX7

While i agree with your frustration, this is COMPLETELY different than the Valdez spill. There you had a finite amount of oil spill from a ship...here you have millions of gallons continually spilling from the ocean floor....think of it this way: you kid spills his glass of water on the floor versus your water pipes bursting.....there is no magic shut-off valve.

I do feel they should have it figured out by now but I am not an engineer....I do know it's alot more complicated than just plugging a hole....BP did know ahead of time that there was a potential problem and should be accountable for all the clean-up effort and cost!
    Anonymous

• delilah>>>what do you suggest they do?
    Anonymous