How safe are pedestal fans around small chidlren?

My dh thinks that having any kind of fun is dangerous enough. Neither to say the pedestal fans represent as twice as much accidents waiting to happen. I'd wish my dh elaborated a little bit more???? LOL

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:46 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• There could be several problems. It could be knocked over, fingers could get into the blades, the child could trip on the cord, the child could mess with the plug, or the child could chew on the cord. Toddlers could think of other ways to get in trouble! Some fans would more safe than others. You may be able to put it behind furniture so the toddler can't get to it.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 9:50 AM on May. 30, 2010

• You may be able to put it behind furniture so the toddler can't get to it.

That's why I love Cafemom. op
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on May. 30, 2010

• What's wrong with that answer? Trying to be helpful and I was nice.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 10:02 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Gail, I was trying to say that I love this part of the answer. Thank you for the suggestion. OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:03 AM on May. 30, 2010

• well i had one and my 14month old did try to put her little fingers in it. she also turned it on. i had to removed it asap. i am going to put it higher up or in a different room while she is awake. i don't need it that much anyways where i live. toddlers get into everything. everything when it comes to them is dangerous. you need eyes behind all the time. lol
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 10:05 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I would put it where the child can't get to it (I like the idea of placing a pedestal fan behind a piece of furniture) and I would definitely never leave a child alone in a room with one.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:28 AM on May. 30, 2010