If your baby didn't take a pacifier at first, which one did they eventually take?

My son is 3 months old, and he wont keep a pacifier in his month. Sometimes he just wants something to suck on besides a bottle. I've tried the soothie, and orthodontic nipples.

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 10:27 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my dd never liked pacis, she uses her thumb
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 10:31 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Kiwi always used the little cheap ones from the dollar store, I think we paid $1.50 for three of them. And a good thing too, she had to have one in each hand and one in her mouth. It was cute to watch her though, she'd loose the one in her mouth, and just put another in while sleeping.
    The cheapies were the only ones she'd use, we tried them all.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:33 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My daughter always loved the Soothie ones, though she was never a big fan of pacifiers altogether. Other brands she never took to, like Gerber. Fortunately at 11 months old I don't even think she remembers them so I am happy I don't have to deal with weaning her off.

Just make sure the ones you pick are BPA free and you're good.
    MissMommyK

Answer by MissMommyK at 10:37 AM on May. 30, 2010

• None of my boys liked them and I didn't force it. My youngest sucks on his first two fingers.
    jcsg

Answer by jcsg at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Mine never took one. I'm glad, actually. Never had to ween or go through "WHERES THE PACI WHERES THE PACI OH MY GOSH WHERE IS IT?!?!" hehe
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 10:50 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My youngest never took one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:56 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My kids never took anything. They did chew on their toys though.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:57 AM on May. 30, 2010

• my dd didn't and still wont take a regular binkie, she uses a soothie the pink or purple ones...I really really like them and the green ones are scented. the nurse at the nicu told me that
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:58 AM on May. 30, 2010

• yea but now that my dd is getting her teeth she wont take it, she will only chew on it
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:59 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Why are trying to force him to take it. You should be glad he does not want one. One less thing to ween him from in a year or 2.

Answer by louise2 at 11:20 AM on May. 30, 2010