how to go about Renting a mobile home?

I've noticed that a lot of the places we've seen say lot rent 250.00 mo...but then do you pay someone else for the actual rent of the home? Or does that 250.00 include the lot and the home? Has anyone rented a home in a community before? Thanks for any help and advice

landons.mama

Asked by landons.mama at 10:34 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I never had before, but my dad said that it includes the home.
    armywife2009101

Answer by armywife2009101 at 10:40 AM on May. 30, 2010

• It depends on which trailer park you go to. Some include lot and home rent to the same person, and some are two different payments. Just be careful because some say it's $X per month, then later tell you that the lot is separate even if it's to the same person. We are renting one now in a small trailer park that we pay $425 for two bedrooms, and that includes water, home and lot. I've noticed the smaller ones that are run by one person are more laid back and more up front about any costs.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My parents own several mobile homes and other rental property. They only have one mobile home that requires lot rent. My parents own the land but the people own the mobile home. So, if it says lot rent then more than likely it is referring to renting the land and you putting your mobile home on it. If you are looking for a mobile home to rent then I would look in the classifieds, Craigslist, and any other local publication.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:46 AM on May. 30, 2010

• YOU BUY THE HOME (TRAILER) AND PAY FOR IT TO BE ON THE LOT ....BUT THIS ALSO INCLUDES UTILITIES ETC.....THERE MIGHT BE A TRAILER THAT IS FOR RENT THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO OWN TO,IT ALL DEPENDS BUT IF ITS A MOBILE HOME YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO PROVIDE THE HOME !
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 10:47 AM on May. 30, 2010

• It depends who owns the home. You have to pay the lot payment no matter who owns it (private owner or the lot owner owns it). Just know they are two separate costs so when you call about a mobile home ask if the lot payment is included or if it's in addition to the cost of the rent.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:58 AM on May. 30, 2010

• lot rent is for when you buy your own and just use someone elses land. i have lived in 2 mobile homes (not in mobile home parks) and now we pay 400 a month for a 3 br 2 ba just outside the city limits, so all is included here. the other, all was included, but when they are just renting the lot, you have your own home to put in that space
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 11:16 AM on May. 30, 2010

• It depends on if the moblie home is actually paid for already. You also have to pay for the lot that it sits on. If your in a moblie park ask the office people.
    Anonymous

• find the trailer park you want live in and talk to the landlord and then go from there
    AntonioWife11

Answer by AntonioWife11 at 3:08 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Thanks for all your help ladies!! Were going to the office of a comminuty later this week to see about renting a home. We finally decided to try this since were renting a 900 sq ft apartment for $640 and it is just draining us financially since I cant get stable hours at work. Hopefully the office will be able to help :)
    landons.mama

Answer by landons.mama at 8:19 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• When I rented a trailer it was $250 for lot rent and $125 for lot rent, but if I paid it all the the trailer land lords they would pay the trailer land lord, Now I own a trailer and pay $135 lot rent that includes water and sewer and snow plowing, and garbage, but I still pay property taxes, homestead tax.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 8:58 AM on Jun. 1, 2010