Has anyone ever had their old bathtub refinished? What was your experience, good, bad?

How much did it cost...does it still look good?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Home & Garden

• My sister just had it done and she loved it. She saved a lot of money by having that done instead of replacing it. Not sure the cost. I would imagine that might vary by location. She's pretty picky about things so am sure it looks really good or she'd have thrown it out and bought a new tub if it didn't turn out nice.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:54 AM on May. 30, 2010

• We did a tub and the tile too. It was a lot cheaper then replacing it all.

Answer by louise2 at 11:15 AM on May. 30, 2010

• My mom had it done. It looked great for about two years. definitely a waste of money.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Had my daughter's tub redone about 3 years ago. Best thing we ever did. We got it cheap because we are next door neighbors to the refinisher. He did a fantastic job and I would recommend it every time. Do not do it yourself. Make sure that they are acid washing the surface before coating it with the new layer. Make sure that they are licensed and bonded and that they use a sprayer for the resurfacing and not a brush or roller.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 8:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My friend had it done. It looked great for about 5 years. Then the bathtub started to peel and it cost them $2500 to replace it.
    Tea4Tas

Answer by Tea4Tas at 7:47 AM on Jun. 1, 2010