Did your father/father figure do anything funny/crazy when he met boyfriends?

I just heard the country song "Cleaning My Gun" and thought of when my Dad met my husband for the first time, wondering if anyone else has any funny stories to share.
We met Dad at a restaurant for dinner after we'd been dating for about 4 months, and after a while, I got up to go to the restroom. I came back, and Dad had his big grin and my husband looked scared to death. Turns out, Dad told pointed his fork at him and told him not to be an ass and hurt me, that he was in the army for 20 years and learned how to kill a man 30 different ways and make it look natural!
Poor guy was scared to death! But, they get along great when we're all together, so it's alright.
What's your story?

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 10:55 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• My dad came over to my apartment with some firewood when I was at work one day (I was 20), and my boyfriend was visiting from out of town. My dad told him that if he ever hurt me, he'd have to answer to him. That boyfriend is my husband now and they get along fine!
    Iamgr8teful

Answer by Iamgr8teful at 10:10 PM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Nah, my Dad's not like that. He wanted me to get married and reproduce. Which I did. He's happy. LOL
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:58 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Nope. He only ever met one, and the first thing he did was offer him a beer...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 AM on May. 30, 2010

• lol my adopted dad was a cop for 20 years and ran back round checks on all my boyfriends. lol
    NoahsMomma418

Answer by NoahsMomma418 at 11:03 AM on May. 30, 2010

• my pop always tried to act cool and push around my guy friends or shoot hoops with them, when really he was just trying to show them that he was tougher then them.... my husband says he's gonna clean his shot gun in front of him..... never heard the song before though,,, lol that's funny
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:09 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I don't recall my DAD doing anything, but ask me about my mom!!!
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 11:15 AM on May. 30, 2010

• kjrn79, what did your mom do? You got me curious!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 11:44 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Yes, but it was embarrassing, not cute or funny.

I'd recently gone vegetarian but couldn't resist the pepperoni pizza my parents bought for pizza, so I ate two pieces. It was SO good. After that I recommitted to my vegetarian ways, and was asked out a couple weeks later.

First thing my dad said to my date? Keep an eye on her. She says she's a vegetarian but she can really pack away the pepperoni pizza!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 30, 2010

• One of the guys I dated showed up to pick me up. My step-dad started questioning him like crazy. Asking him everything! One of the questions was if he has good tires!??! WTH does that have to do with anything? Well on our way to eat he had a blow-out...It was really weird. And no, Stepdad didn't pop them or anything. My date checked for that. lol. Just a weird coincidence.
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 1:42 PM on May. 30, 2010

• my dad didn't really say much besides the usual have her back by curfew blah blah blah. my older brother took my boyfriend (now husband) aside and said 'if you break her heart i'll break your neck'. they get along really well now. lol.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 2:52 PM on May. 30, 2010