what is a good wine for a casual drink at home?

i just want something i can drink and not get me drunk. something i can sit and read a good book with after the kids are in bed and wind down from my day. im not a wine drinker but im interested in it. other drinks i like are usually fruity girl drinks with liquor.

jccmama09

Asked by jccmama09 at 10:55 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Wine coolers that come 4 bottles to a pack are good and come in lots of flavors, that's what you would probably like best. White zinfandel and sangria are good. Then you have Boones Farm, cheap and comes in several flavors.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:04 AM on May. 30, 2010

• How about wine mixed with ginger ale? A light white wine, such as zinfandel, comes to mind. It will give you a tiny alcohol kick but be diluted enough to let you sip for a while.

Answer by Bmat at 11:06 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Desert wine. It is mellow and sweet

Answer by louise2 at 11:13 AM on May. 30, 2010

• I'd say pinot grigio, riesling for sweet or sauvignon blanc...all mellow.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:45 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Start going to (free) wine tastings. You will learn a little about wine, and learn what you like, without wasting money. http://www.localwineevents.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on May. 30, 2010

• If you like white, get a pinot grigio, if you like red, get a pinot noir....delicious. Better yet, make some sangria...this is an AWESOME recipe... http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Sangria-Sangria/Detail.aspx

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:20 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Is a noir LOVER!!! Sometimes too peppery for a new wine drinker. I would start going to some tastings. I have found that as a rule I don't like certain wines however, I have had many surprises at tastings! As per the drink and not get drunk comment...LOL all can do that to you, just dont have more than one or two. Enjoy!
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 12:47 AM on May. 31, 2010

• My issue is always that wine, once opened, oxidizes unless you drink it quickly, which I don't. A glass an evening is what I enjoy too...so either single serving bottles or boxed wine, which does not oxidize, works well. This is one I like, single serving and low alcohol:

NAKED GRAPE WHITE ZINFANDEL SPRITZER
    LCBO 123513 | 4x341 mL bottle

Price: $ 9.95
    Wine, Wine Cooler
    4.5% Alcohol/Vol.

Sugar Content : 4

Made in: Ontario, Canada
    By: Vincor International Inc.

Tasting Note
    Pale salmon pink colour and light effervescence; aromas and flavours of candied strawberries and raspberry jam; medium sweet with balanced acidity.

More Drink Recipes and other wine related info.

LifeCoachLynn

Answer by LifeCoachLynn at 12:37 AM on Jun. 1, 2010