birthday party for a 6 year old

i hate big parties, i hate planning them, executing them, and cleaning up after them, not to mention all the money that can be wasted on them. we usually have a small family party or go to chuck e cheese, but now chuck is a little over-done. im trying to figure out something fun for my dd that wont break my pockets, there arent any kids that we know that are close in her age only like 2 in our whole neighborhood. can someone help me brainstorm things i can do for her bday to make her feel special and let her have fun without a huge party

secondtyme520

Asked by secondtyme520 at 11:35 AM on May. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• my daughter is turning 6 this year and we are going to a waterpark. i am allowing her to take two cousins or a friend. certain days are half off so i intend on going then. we will have cake at home. we will have a cook out too bc we always do but thats more of a family event. party wise the park is it for us.
    locabrat83

Answer by locabrat83 at 2:26 PM on May. 30, 2010

• We like to go to a local park, you can usually rent the pavilion at one for not too much...ours is 25$. I just go to the dollar tree store and pick up a pack of invites, colorful plates and napkins,,,,,a box of juice pouches for kids, maybe a pack of cokes for the adults and a small cake, maybe chips if I am feeling good..lol

Usually I can keep that all under 50 at the most. My mother does the cake so its free and the dollar tree stuff is super cheap.

There is a garbage can right there in the pavillion so I just chunk everything in it and your house is not a mess...i hate that!

Thats about as easy as it gets :)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:38 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Her first slumber party? With just a few friends....
    Make mini pizzas ( canned buiscuts with marinara sauce, mozzarella cheese and pepperonis) for dinner and they can have cake and ice cream after that. Provide a few bags of chips, popsicles, popcorn and some candy and movies to watch. Make cinnimon rolls and have juice and milk for breakfast in the morning, then send em home! lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 30, 2010

• bowling?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Slumber parties were always my favorite. Maybe allow her to invite 5 or 6 friends. Buy a bunch of snacks, maybe make cookies, do a little craft, watch movies, play games...all of this stuff is either free or low-cost and kids, especially little girls, LOVE slumber parties. If you want to spend a little bit, order some pizzas for dinner. All kids love pizza, right, lol? I think you could manage the entire thing for under $40, not including gifts to your daughter. You don't have to rent a place to have the party, pay for expensive food, or even put up a bunch of decorations. I hope that whatever you decide turns out great. :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:45 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Take the three girls to a nail salon and have their nails painted. There is one here that charges only $6 per person to clean and paint both finger and toe nails (not the whole mani-pedi, just the painting).
    Take the to Chuck E. Cheese's just to play games (it's only .25 per game) then go home and make a cake together for the birthday cake.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:03 PM on May. 30, 2010