What was/is more important to you in a man?

Money, looks, or a sense of humor?
I'm asking about when you were dating.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 11:45 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Sense of humor is definitely first. If we can't laugh together, it'll never work. Looks....well, I think my boyfriend is totally hot, and I'd jump his bones anytime, anywhere, but I know there are some who might disagree. Just as they might think theirs is hot, and I wouldn't. It's a matter of taste. Money....as long as he has a job, we're cool. I don't care how rich or broke he is, but he at least needs to have a job. Looks will disappear, money can be lost or spent in an instant, but a sense of humor can get you through all of that and keep you together when everything else might suck.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:20 PM on May. 30, 2010

• money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on May. 30, 2010

• The most important thing to me about a future spouse is they have a life of their own with friends and goals, power and strength, when we come together we have goals as a couple and realize he realizes I also have my own goals and friends. When we are together we are a couple.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:50 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Honesty. I also liked a man that was open and humble. I couldn't and still can't stand a cocky man. There is nothing less attractive to me. Sense of humor is important too...my husband still has me laughing constantly every single day, after being together for 6 years.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:50 AM on May. 30, 2010

• All of them and now married to the same guy that met all of the criteria.
    ddsunshine

Answer by ddsunshine at 11:53 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Back in the day I would be attracted to, in order, sense of humor, looks, and then drive.... they didnt necessarily have to have 'money' but I never dated anyone with out a job, anyone who wasnt in college (or who had been to college), or anyone who didnt have a career goal.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 30, 2010

• humor, he must make me laugh. i make enough money and personally i could care less about it. i love my fiance for who he is, not money or what he looks like. in fact when i first got pregnant he stopped working out so he could work more and got a bit chuncky, but he was still beautiful to me
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 11:58 AM on May. 30, 2010

• Of course my husband is all about looks, he tells me that is how men are. For me it is about personality, he must be smart, honest and down to earth. Well the blue eyes helped me too. I find a smart man attractive even if he is goofy looking. I find it fascinating to talk to him.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 12:19 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Sense of humor. I was in college when I met DH and neither of us had money. Good looks fade, but a sense of humor lasts forever.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:48 PM on May. 30, 2010

• #1 for me is Sense of humor. Looks fade or change, not that important to me. Money is a good stability factor. I did calculate that into my thinking process, for sure!

thinksfaster

Answer by thinksfaster at 5:33 PM on May. 30, 2010