After watching Avatar, Did you look at anything differently?

On the way home I just felt the "yes we are killing our mother earth".. I live in houston, where we see Oil Refineries everywhere. Smoke in the air, fire blazing hazardous chemicals in the air. Traffic, smog. Seeing the double arch (mc'ds) Lite up all night ...
Did Avatar "do" anything to you?

I also felt that if we where to find life on another planet this is exactly what humans would do. If we are stronger than them, we will put war over them to try to control them, than live in harmony.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I do think that if we found life on another planet and they had something that was VALUABLE. Then we as humans would use any means necessary to get it.

I thought about what we did to the Native Americans the entire movie!

Why is it so hard for humans to live and let live?
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 11:49 AM on May. 30, 2010

• i felt exactly the same (im talking about ure second point of view). the other planet felt like middle east to me, and i felt like we are pushing them too much, and one day they just might join forces and cause a major setback for us
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 30, 2010

• We try to be as green as we can and hope to one day be off the grid, as they say. So we already talk about a lot of stuff like that anyway. The love story between the two characters seemed to bring us closer too, I don't remember at what point in the movie DH got off his chair (we were watching at home) and came over to snuggle with me on the couch.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:15 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Honestly, I kept falling asleep... I wasn't thrilled by the movie at all... But seeing how I work for a cleaner greener earth every day, it wouldn't really be me looking at anything differently even if I did see that part of it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:15 PM on May. 30, 2010