What was your favorite kid's show growing up? Do your own kids watch now?

Mine was Simpsons and Inspector Gadget, and Ki loves them both.

Kiwismommy19

Asked by Kiwismommy19 at 12:08 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• There are a bunch I loved, two were Johnny Quest and Banana Splits, the boys love both of them. There are a bunch of others that I use to watch and I hate to admit it, but most times I'd rather watch those then regular "grown up" tv. lol And, yes, the boys watch most of them with me, except the ones that are on past their bedtime.
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 12:12 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I loved He-Man, Jem, Thundercats, David the Gnome, Quantum Leap, Ninja Turtles, Fraggle Rock, Full House, Smurfs, She-Ra, and all the OLD HB cartoons .
    My kids watch and love all of those, and so many more. They like old school movies and tv shows better than the stuff they put out these days.
    mommymonkey

Answer by mommymonkey at 12:19 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Mommymonkey,I loved Ninja Turtles too! I even dressed as one for Halloween three years in a row! Ki hates it though, she leaves the room if my husband and I are watching the movie, says it to boyish for her. :-)
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:22 PM on May. 30, 2010

• OMG! David the Gnome! I'd completely forgotten about that. I loved watching Captain Planet. Unfortunately, I don't see that on anymore except once in a blue moon. I also liked Shining Time Station, but now all of that's been replaced with just stories of Thomas the Tank Engine.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 12:22 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I liked Lady Lovely Locks, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Bright, and most of all...Little House on the Prairie, lol. I was obsessed!! As I got a little older, I loved "Are you afraid of the dark?". :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 12:26 PM on May. 30, 2010

• A lot but favs were Thundercats, GI Joe, Voltron, Scooby Doo, Looney Tunes, Tom/Jerry, and Capt. Kangeroo.

My kids watch most of those if we find them(except Capt Kangaroo dont know that its on anywhere).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:57 PM on May. 30, 2010

• ncbirdie::: I too loved shining time station. It was my FAVORITE!!! I didn't even like the train stories, I just want to see was Skeemer was up to this time.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 1:00 PM on May. 30, 2010

• BTW a lot of the old shows can be found on Youtube and Hulu
    MomOfDagJag

• My favorite shows were Full House and Punky Brewster.. DD loves both!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:55 PM on May. 30, 2010

• None of the shows I watched as a kid are on anymore. Maybe on cable or something, but we only have bunny ears. So no, they don't watch anything I did. Wait - I take it back - Little House on the Prairie & the Cosby show still rerun, and we occasionally watch those.
    Anonymous