Why is it?

If a Christian takes their child to church they are seen as "good parents" but when those same Christians hear about a Pagan taking their kids to Sabbat Celebrations or other Pagan goings ons, they are all up in arms??

Isn't it the same thing? A girl friend of mine started taking her kids to her Coven meetings - Her neighbors called CPS and said that the children are being exposed to animal sacrifice and sexual activities and that they could be in danger for their lives... Then they offered to take her children to church instead so that "At least the kids have a chance."

Are you kidding? WTH is wrong with people... I mean, I'm Christian, you won't catch me at those things, but I at least know enough to know the kids aren't in danger. How is this really any different?

BTW, the kids are 6 and 8 - not babies... Old enough to speak up if something were off...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Some people are just close minded and think their way is the only way. I'm guessing they didn't really know what was going on, they just assumed the worst and let their fear of something different and unknown get in the way.
    I've had people threaten to call cps on me because I don't take my kid to church at all. We aren't religious and people don't understand that someone can think and believe differently than they do.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:32 PM on May. 30, 2010

• You know, on one hand I feel for your friend. I don't have a coven and if I did I wouldn't take my kids. But I have a friend who's house was burned simply because of her beliefs. And I have dealt with more than one death threat over mine. I hate that there are still people out there who don't understand the basics about Paganism and Wicca, but stereotypes, myths, popular media and Hollywood all enforce the negatives... So it's almost easy to understand why people are so afraid to even learn the truth.

HOWEVER, and I have to say this. I'm glad to see they called CPS. To many people are afraid to get involved when they think children are in danger and to many people just don't want to cause issues... And because of that, to many children are continually abused, raped and killed... I'm sad to see THIS is the reason they called, but they did what they felt was right to protect children and that deserves a pat on the back!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:41 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I think it's called "hypocrisy". You know, where what's okay for YOU to do is completely wrong for that hell-bound non-believer. Or maybe I'm thinking of the "double standard." The most ridiculous part is that they don't bother to LEARN about what is actually going on in a coven meeting. They don't realize that the church was just using scare tactics when they told them that there were child sacrifices and sexual promiscuity. It's ignorance at it's highest level.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 1:15 PM on May. 30, 2010

• It shows that people have no understanding of what pagans believe or how they practice.

Anonymous

• Well. let's turn this question around. Why is it than when a Christian takes her kids to church she is brainwashing but taking to a coven is ok?
    Anonymous

• It's called "Closed Mindedness" it's a deadly disorder that leads some into thinking that "They" are the "Only" right ppl around and if you don't fit what they deem is "Their" plan , then you are doomed...

It is just to bad that ppl can't mind their own business... Unless those children were "Actually" being physically abused and this neighbor "Actually" witness this "Assumed" abuse, then there is NO reason for her or anyone for that matter to bother with the beliefs of another...but until this "Closed Mindedness" disorder has a cure, then I guess this kinda of stuff is always going to happen no matter what you believe in or not...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 1:59 PM on May. 30, 2010

Well 1. unless you are the OP... you are extremely rude... you are bouncing off another post with your "Let's turn someone else's question around to fit ME"

Pagans have been and most likely will remain a target for Christians bc most (as you see I said MOST not ALL) Christians think "THEY" are the ONLY right there is... and so if a Pagan parent trys to be open about their faith they are harassed, police are called, cps, oh hell maybe even the news will called... "Headlines: Local Pagan trys to go to local Coven meeting, is bullied by local Christian neighbor, children taken away... details at 11.
    Don't see those headlines for the Christian taking their children to Church now do you?
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 2:09 PM on May. 30, 2010

• How did everything work out OP? Is the Mom having problems with CPS now or was she cleared? Are her neighbors still harassing them?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:17 PM on May. 30, 2010

• the question is valid and the only answer you can come up with is big bad mean Christians and calling someone rude.
    Anonymous

• Gmasboy, do you remember the man in washington state who killed his girlfriend and said he did it because he was a WICCAN and she went against some sort of code. Oh FAUX news was all over that but they sure as hell sat on the one where the two SEATTLE cops were kicking a hispanic man and threatening to "beat the mexican out of him" KIRO got it and put it on the air. I know that was a side track but I hope you see what I am saying. Fox news jumped all over the ASSumption that a "bad WICCAN" killed a woman but sat on the police being racist.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 2:22 PM on May. 30, 2010