Last Will and Testament...

My mother and I were talking today and we got on the topic of having a will just in case something was to happen... So my question is: How many of you have a will already drawn up?? If so what things did you list in it EX: Who gets your children (if youre single or your spouse is deceased) Where you want to be buried etc..??? Do you think that there should be a certain age to have one???

JaYsMoMmY09

Asked by JaYsMoMmY09 at 12:47 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have a very simple one drawn up. I am only 28.

I don't want my family and DH's to fight over our children. They go to a friend of ours who is 22 and Just graduated from UNT with honors.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 12:56 PM on May. 30, 2010

• We have one... we hired an attorney and did everything.  We have every i dotted and every t crossed when it comes to that.

My mother doesnt have one and I told her that I thought it was hugely selfish to put that on us kids.  She lives 5 states away and fully expects one of us to fly back there and stay to deal with it all.  I told her I wouldnt, that I dont need the money and would come back for the funeral and give everything to my stepbrother who lives there.  She was upset but not enough to actually write up a will.

Anonymous

• I myself was a single divorced parent for 6 yrs. My story of why my children never see there dad is different then others and very indepth and long story. None the less for about 2 yrs I have thought about having a will drawn up, some feel that at the age 35 that I am too young. I feel different about it I mean at any time something could happen to you it happens to men an women all the time and their kids end up with family if they are lucky or in a foster home.
    Considering my situation my kids would be left with my Husband now and not with my ex. As for my burial plans I want it to be cost effective for my family and so therefore I have always thought cremation. I have wanted to also get to the ocean to feel the sand between my toes and I know that in the state of health I am in mentally that will never happen. So therefore my plan is to have my ashes scattered over the Atlantic ocean. So I have thought about it. Yes.
    Anonymous

• I am 23 right now, I have a 22 month old daughter and I am 21 weeks pregnant with number two. We do not have an offical will yet, but our families do know our wishes. They know that if God Forbid something were to happen to my husband and myself my parents would get the kids (they are much more financially stable) they know that all of my jewelry goes to my daughter, they know all of the money we have gets split equally between our daughters. We really dont have a lot right now, being a young couple, so I figured I would just let them know the most important stuff. They also know that I do not want to be buried with any jewelry on, I want it all to go to my daughters. We will most likely be writing one up soon, but until then I feel comfortable knowing that they know our wishes, and I know they would respect what we say
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:49 PM on May. 30, 2010

• As soon as we can we are having wills made up. We still have to decide who would care for the kids if we were to both die. I personally want our wishes out there in clear plain language that can't be argued by any family members who think things should be different, just like I want DH to have a living will so I don't have to fight with his family over his wishes if (God forbid) it comes to a point where he can't make decisions for himself. IMO, if you have someone who will be directly affected by your death, you should have a will/living will set up to make things less complicated and stressful for your loved ones. They'll be suffering enough without having to make the decisions of where and how you'll be buried or who gets what from what is left.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 4:55 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I keep telling my husband we need to get one drawn up, but now that we are in our 40's and our 2 oldest children are adults, we pretty much don't have to worry about things. We know my FIL would take in our youngest (she's almost 17). All our property would be theirs to have and divide. They already know our wishes on burial as we've talked about it so many times.

BUT, I would still like to have one drawn up to ease the pain and weight of decisions from our children. I want to have our plots, caskets, and funeral arrangements paid for and I want to name an executor of the estate so that no one is trying to be greedy.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:39 AM on Jun. 1, 2010