does it really work?

i have seen these zumba infomercials all over the tv.does it really work if so how often have you used it and how much weight have you lost?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• I have not tried it. But I have a friend who does Zumba classes 3 times a week... And she has lost a good bit of weight. Like any program, it's up to YOU to keep up with it... Really, I have yet to find one that doesn't work when done properly!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:59 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I've also not tried it myself, but like sabrina above me have had a few friends that have tried and they say it kicks thier butts! lol
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 1:04 PM on May. 30, 2010

• i havent tried it but i love hip hop abs and insanity.. and with the abs i saw results within the first 7 days
    swaney06

Answer by swaney06 at 4:54 PM on May. 30, 2010

• A lot of friends at my gym love it. I've never done it, but I don't like classes that you have to follow the steps...I'm so clumsy, I end up not enjoying them.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 10:09 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I haven't done Zumba but I have and still doing the Just Dance WII game and have lost 30lbs. in 6wks. woo-hoo! I think that it has to do with how much you move. My sister's neighbor starting losing weight doing little things like dancing when she was vacuuming, walking in place while she was folding clothes. etc.
    Good Luck!
    Anonymous

• ANY type of high-intensity workout will work, IF you work hard at it and stick with it. Zumba will work for you if you'll do it regularly and with heart, making sure you're breaking a sweat and keeping your heart rate high for 30-45 minutes, but any other exercise program from dancing to running will do the same thing. You just have to find what you like to do, and do it!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on May. 31, 2010

• I have the videos and really enjoy working out with them. I use them in conjunction with my regular workout so I don't know how they work by themselves, but they are a lot of fun and I like they way the videos are produced (not a lot of extraneous chatter, for one thing, which bugs the heck outta me on exercise videos). I can really feel the workout in my hips and obliques.
    FrogSalad

Answer by FrogSalad at 8:39 PM on Jun. 1, 2010