the bar is more important than me

i needed SO last night- really badly. depression and suicide was winning the fight- dealing with this bout for about a week now. he knew i wasnt feeling good; both physically and emotionally. i HATE asking for help, i hate talking about my problem... but last night, i really needed someone here- to both talk (on my terms), as well as just having someone here so i didnt hurt myself.

i texted him to come back. basically, he said no. he could later, but not right now. i said nevermind- i was just gonna go to sleep then b/c i felt hurt. i waited up til 2, just in case. he never came.

his FB status was about how last night was "crazy", he had so much fun, etc. it just makes me never want to reach out to him, ever. i just really feel that the bar means more than me.

the first and only time i reach out- and i get shut down. and teh worst part is that i know he expect to come over tonight... to have sex.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• uh... sounds like you need to get out and move in with someone like a friend or your parents. get out of this relationship! now!
    Anonymous

• he doesn't sound like a "sweet one" then does he? I'd drop him.
    I hope things get better for you. You really need to talk to someone or get some medication and do something if your that depressed that your thinking about suicide. Seriously....take care of yourself!!!!
    Anonymous

• Tell him to never mind about coming over tonight and you take care of you. If he can't be there for you when you need him the most then tell him to screw himself. It sounds to me that you have your own problems going on and this relationship you are in sounds to me that it causing more problems and heart ache then you need to be dealing with right now. Your man sounds like a loser to me but hey your the one that has to deal with his bull shit not any of us. I would kick his ass to the curb and tell him to have a great life but im not you so make your own choices hopefully you make them choices wisly.
    Anonymous

• I would get some help dump him and make yourself a priority I hope you are feeling a little better ((((HUGS))).
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:16 PM on May. 30, 2010

• If you can't talk to him about your problems, then how is he supposed to know just how serious it is? If you tell him why you're so depressed, and then he doesn't care, then I say get out of the relationship. But last night you said that he had TRIED to get you to talk about it, and you wouldn't. He can't help you if he doesn't know what's going on, and he can't know just how serious it is unless you tell him.
    Anonymous

• FUCK HIM. You can do better. Talk to a friend, a relative, US even. Screw that asshole. You don't need him.
    Anonymous

• anon:29... i know. but i dont like talking about these issues when DS is awake. and he didnt go to bed til about 11:30 last night. SO left around 9. i cried every time he said that he was leaving, i cried as he left. i texted him b/c i knew where ever he was, it was loud and he probably wouldn't have answered. but i didnt want to text him about how bad i was getting- especially since he didnt even really know how bad it was before. i wanted him to come over, to talk while DS was sleeping.

at this point, i dont even want to talk to him about it. it just really hurt that he stayed at the bar, knowing i needed him. i have NEVER asked him to come back.
    Anonymous