time to call my OB?

so I just had my first baby in January. Ive been nursing but not exclusively so I got my period back a few months after my son was born. However I've missed my period completely this month. I got it around the 13th of April and it last for about a week. Then about 2 weeks later I started bleeding but only lasted 2 days. Ive taken a dozen hpts but all have been -. I'm worried something is wrong with me or if its just my hormones still adjusting? Anyone have/had similar issue?

xoxneanxox

Asked by xoxneanxox at 1:04 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just hormonal adjustment, I'll bet.

How do you feel? Do you have any cramps usually or now? Are you peeing more (sign of getting period AND possibly pregnancy, so not really any help), any other signs/symptoms?
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:08 PM on May. 30, 2010

• yeah i'd call just in case....it could be the bf'ing or it could be that your preg.
    Anonymous

• I would wait till tuesday. You are ok if you are not bleeding clots, etc or soaking a pad an hour.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 1:10 PM on May. 30, 2010

• When you breastfeed your period can be irregular. You can take your temps every morning and do charting and learn about nfp so you can try to understand what's going on and recognize when you do ovulate.

If you have gotten good pregnancy tests they are very accurate. You don't need to keep redoing them. You could go on the pill, there are birth control pills that are safe for nursing moms.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:11 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I guess the other people think you are thinking about calling the OB right now. Of course you don't need to call on the holiday weekend. This isn't an emergency and there is nothing the doctor can do.

Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 1:13 PM on May. 30, 2010

• honestly it is probably your hormones still adjusting. I was only able to nurse my daughter for 3 months, and i had to stop. My period did not become regular until almost a year after she was born. Every womans body adjusts to a birth differently. Some get their period right away and everything goes right on track and for some women it can take a very very long time before it regulates. I say if you are worried you can of course call your doctor, but honestly IMO it is just your body adjusting. Give it some more time, if it doesnt eventually regulate itself you can still go in, but I will tell you this, your doc will most likely want to put you on BC to regulate it. good luck hun! Dont worry yourself too much, you sound perfectly normal to me!
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 1:29 PM on May. 30, 2010

• if the hpts were not expired and done with first morning pee then I would consider the 2 days a period and wait until the next one is due and then see. It is perfectly normal to have very irregular periods while nursing. I had a 48 day cycle that had me totally flipping out about 4 months after starting my period again.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:13 PM on May. 30, 2010

• ok so I just posted another question as a part 2 to this one...but I did call my OB and the nurse said its completely normal to have skipped my period since I'm still nursing. However I'm NOT convinced! I don't think I will be until I get my period or I see a positive pregnancy test! lol Part of it is that I feel like I have similar symptoms to when I first conceived, and I think the other part is that I'd really love a 2nd child. I just hate being in limbo and not knowing!
    xoxneanxox

Answer by xoxneanxox at 11:53 PM on Jun. 3, 2010