Anyone else bothered by moms who ask about baby names?

I mean, isn't that personal? Shouldn't it be between the parents? Why ask a straingers opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I agree. Naming your child is a very serious decision to be made by you and your husband, not strangers.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:40 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I asked some people for opinions when naming my daughter. A few of them pointed out the "josie-grossie" thing from a movie when I was considering naming her Josephine. I hadn't thought of it. In the end, it's their decision, but it can be fun to get other opinions on it.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:40 PM on May. 30, 2010

• ya, i dont care what you ladies think of the names i picked. i like them and daddy likes them.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:41 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I don't see what's wrong with it. We discuss all kinds of stuff on here, why can't a mom be comfortable asking opinions on names?
    Personally, I picked the names just with my husband, but I like replying to baby name posts!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 1:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Nope, not bothered by it at all. In fact I think it's ridiculous that it bothers other people. Come on, really? Pull the stick out of your butt.

Some people ask because they want to know what others think. It's as simple as that. lol now get over it and go worry about something that's actually important. =)
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 1:44 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I dont really care... I like seeing the names. But some I reallllly dont like.
    Anonymous

• No, I don't care. Yes, it's personal, but sometimes, you're up against a wall with baby names, and it's good to ask someone's opinion. It can lend a completely different view on it.
    It's not like a stranger demands the name to the child... it's still ultimately up to the parents, so I don't see how it would make it unpersonal...
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:54 PM on May. 30, 2010

• No theyre not actually asking you to name their children!! theyre just asking for advice or suggestions who knows someone might have a name that the op never heard of and they love it and end up naming their child that,If you dont like the question dont click on it,if you think its too personal dont answer it,simple as that
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 2:05 PM on May. 30, 2010

• To be honest I had the same feeling until I read the full post. Sometimes it is smart to have other people call you out and help you avoid being ridiculous.
    Anonymous

• I don't care if others ask, but I personally don't see what they gain from asking a bunch of strangers. The people inclined to reply are usually going to have a strong opinion against, so I see no purpose in setting yourself up for a bunch of, "omg, don't name your baby THAT".
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 4:17 PM on May. 30, 2010