im so so annoyed with ppl thinking im stuck up...but am i? i dont think I am...

well im 20 and I have had my business running for about a year and a half. It doesnt make a huge amount of money but enough

someone said I try to flaunt my money

im sorry...i took 2500 dollars and risked it on opening an office, 2500 I had to get as a loan from the bank, as a SAHM and my dh only making half as much as he did before,thank god we had health care, thats risking a lot, I was on Food Stamps as I opened my doors and got off as soon as I realised I wouldnt need them anymore, so about 2 months after opening.

so i buy a new car
so i buy better clothes
better shoes
make-up

etc..

now i can go back to school and try to fix what i messed up etc.

why is this flaunting? or why is this like im stuck up?
because i was on welfare and actually got off and did something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it is great that you took a risk, worked hard and it payed off.   I also think it is very generous of you to give your sis a job and help her put money aside for her future. I would not let your dh family comments get to you-- it sounds like they are jealous that you have made something of yourself, you have extra money and that you have been able to buy new things. 

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:08 PM on May. 30, 2010

• sounds like jealousy to me.

Anonymous

• Each to their own... it's their opinions. Some may see it as flaunting for various reasons. Jealousy, envy...etc.
    Don't worry about them, ignore them, they don't make your world go round. :]
    Congrats on the success of your business.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 1:56 PM on May. 30, 2010

• New car, new clothes, new shoes...now it may be time for new friends that will support your success.
    Congratulations on bettering your life.
    Anonymous

• Who are the ppl saying you are stuck up? Being successful means 'stuck up' now days???
    IM happy to hear you bettered yourself!
    I got a new car in March..doesnt mean Im stuck up, it means we needed a new car.
    auntietotty

Answer by auntietotty at 2:04 PM on May. 30, 2010

• OP

dh's family says it, mainly 2 of his cousins
    ugghh they piss me off

and yes we needed that car, our son was growing out of his old car seat, we drove a coupe, so we had no space..
    next im saving for a house, i hope that doesnt make me stuck up too
    and we're throwing a party, gasp, that'll be stuck up too...

im sure i have my nit picky ways, like at work while his cousins were there they saw me write my sister, who's 13 a 400 dollar check
    they were making it a big deal....wtf ever she gets paid once a month for the work she does, im also in control of her bank account and she cant spend more than 40 a day unless she's been actively saving.
    they asked how often she worked, i said saturday and sunday...5 hours each
    they of course roll their eyes

gosh...my fam doesnt have hella money, my sis is like my own child...love her to death...im helping her and if she gets into college that'll be paid for to
    Anonymous

• I got called a snob. I was helping my best friend get out of her mom's house and she was staying at my place. Her cell phone, on her mom's plan, broke and her mom wouldn't replace it. So she asked if she could get a phone on my plan. I agreed, she would pay for the phone and anything on the bill that came in for her phone (unlimited text, overage, etc). We never had any issues. I don't talk on the phone all that much, so on a 700 min plan we split it 100/600. Never had any issues while she was staying with us. When she moved back into her mom's house, she wanted the phone transferred to her mom's account. No biggie. I asked the rep what her portion of the bill would be for the past month and into the current month. He gave me a number and I required that it be paid before I would relinquish the phone. Two days later I get the bill in the mail; I had used 99 minutes and there were MASSIVE overages (cont)
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:12 PM on May. 30, 2010

• (cont) When I brought it up, they were only going to pay for the overages listed on her phone and not the 100/600 split. I didn't ask for any different, but when I brought it up I was told I should have gotten all of this in writing. I made the comment "I didn't think my best friend was going to be a sponge." (she'd never paid rent or contribute to groceries). The response I got "Well, she didn't expect her best friend to be a snob." When we mentioned that I had asked the rep for bill details and didn't accurate ones, we were told that they couldn't look up bill details; only plan details and what those cost. We let them know in no uncertain terms that we should have been told that and would have waited until the bill came in to get everything squared away.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 2:18 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I am assuming you are the same poster who fired her assistant. Yes, you do sound incredibly stuck up. Not because of your success but because you think the fact that you are working and own your own business gives you reason to flaunt it and treat people like crap. I too own a business and would never even consider asking my front desk person to grab my coffee unless I was treating her to coffee.
    Anonymous

• No , your not stuck up, its called bettering yourself-what most ppl should strive for.
    Tnamari

Answer by Tnamari at 3:05 PM on May. 30, 2010