Going on vacation!?

Help! We are going on vacation soon, with my 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter from Montana to California. I need some help on how to occupy the kids, so the trip could at least be a little more easy. is there any handheld games or anything please i am desperate. thank you

Vmahoney

Asked by Vmahoney at 2:14 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Im in So. Cal.... if you need some information on things to do here.

As far as the plane trip... I would get some books, maybe a book on tape that they follow along with, or a movie... the flight shouldnt be that long.
    Anonymous

• Oh sorry, not taking plane, were driving (sigh) and will be there 1 week.
    Vmahoney

Answer by Vmahoney at 2:19 PM on May. 30, 2010

• well then I would make the trip part of the vacation. Start googling things to do between here and there. Take some of the drive down to see the sights along the way.

OR do most of the driving at night.... while they are sleeping.
    Anonymous

• We took a trip to FL from KY, about 13-14 hours counting pee breaks. We gave Kiwi a hand held Leapster and she had a blast with it. Play I-spy w/the scenery.
    Let them each put together a bag or back pack w/travel stuff, like coloring books and crayons, picture books, dolls or action figures, and travel games. You can get little travel games based on real games from walmart for $5. Kiwi loves the Hungry Hungry Hippo version.
    If you let them eat in the car, let them choose some easy, safe travel snacks. After a while, they'll probably fall asleep too. Have Fun!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:31 PM on May. 30, 2010