what foods can i introduce to my 11 mth old?

what foods should my 11mth old be eating? she eat pureed food rarely but now since she is turning one yr i want to try new things, but im scared since she only has 2 teeth. any ideas?

thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My kids loved mashed potatoes when they were that age,but I would stick to the mushy stuff until she gets some molars in also if you have WIC aske them they will give you a list of what she can have at that age if you don't have it I would ask her dr he can reccomed things or someone who you can ask.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 2:35 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I give my 11 mo old small bits of whatever I am eating. Bread, cheese, pasta, steamed veggies, peas, cooked chicken breast, you name it. If you can break off a pea sized piece, and if you can mash it between your fingers then baby can eat it, even w/o teeth. My 11 mo old LOVES the chicken enchiladas I make! She loves pieces of steamed broccoli too.
    Some really easy ones are pieces of banana, cooked sweet potato, chicken breast, cheese (take a string cheese, and cut it into pea sized pieces, it is nice and soft)
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:58 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I started my kids on regular table food by the time they were 8 months. My kids only had 2 teeth when they went on regular food - my youngest just got his molars and he's 18 months. I can't imagine waiting until now to feed him table foods! Of course it needs to be somewhat soft, but things like green beans, peas, cooked carrots, halved blueberries, diced strawberries, etc. Babies use their gums to "chew" the food. The new AAP recommendation is that there is no reason to delay the introduction of any foods due to allergy concerns.

Answer by missanc at 2:59 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Anything you eat :) Except real milk, honey and peanuts. My son is also 11 months and hasnt had baby food since he was 7 months. He refused to eat it anymore and went to solids. When we started the table food he didnt have any teeth. He did fine. They only get fornt teeth for a while and you dont chew with your front teeth anyways :)
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:06 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Babies don't need teeth to chew! Give the baby bits of whatever you are eating. Fruits and veggies in pieces. yOu don't need to puree things -- purees aren't very interesting! My 8 month old has been chewing small chuncks of table food for a few weeks now. They can handle more than you think they can and they enjoy the different textures and flavors. And 11 month old should be able to hand finger foods to feed themselves too.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 8:30 PM on May. 30, 2010