Do you think taking my kids to Bush Gardens could be a mini vacation. Any ideas on what to do other than the park itself?

So my kids and I are trying to figure out what to do for a family vacation, kind of like a road trip to bush gardens. I live in boston, so not sure where the closest one is near me, but has anyone ever been there. I want to go somewhere that not only will we be hanging out at the gardens but be able to do other things. Not sure. Any suggestions?

bellamommyof4

Asked by bellamommyof4 at 2:20 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• How about down to DC? I would love to take my kids there.
    Anonymous

• What is down there?
    bellamommyof4

Answer by bellamommyof4 at 2:31 PM on May. 30, 2010

• in DC??? omg soooo much a TON of museums, the white house tour, all the monuments, great restaurants, tons!!!!  Sooooo much more than an amusement park... and I promise you they will remember it longer!!

Anonymous

• I think the closest to you would be in Virginia. I agree with the DC trip. My parents took my brother and I when I was about 13 and he was 11 and we had a blast. The Smithsonians are terrific places for kids.
    rebabeach2

Answer by rebabeach2 at 4:23 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I haven't looked to see how old your children are, but from my experience, Busch Gardens is awesome!
    My husband grew up in Williamsburg so he and his brothers went there just about every day during all their summers because it was a hop, skip, and a jump away. Plus, they got in free because their dad worked for Anheiser Busch. As a retiree, he still got tickets for free admission so we used to take our daughters once a summer until they got sick of it...lol.
    Also in that area is Water Country, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown, and Yorktown. Williamsburg has affordable hotels, but a fun hotel to stay at is the Great Wolf Lodge.
    You can take a day to go down to Norfolk/VA Beach area to the zoo, aquarium, beach, and drive the Chesapeake Great Bridge tunnel!
    Visit http://www.virginia.org/home.asp for more info.
    DC is fun, but I don't like crowded cities.
    I live in VA, btw. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:29 AM on Jun. 1, 2010

• Oops....I think it's the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel.
    It's been several years since I've been down that way and drove on it.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:30 AM on Jun. 1, 2010