Is teaching a child the quran brainwashing? What about the bible? What about taking them to a church to learn to worship?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• There is a huge difference between TEACHING and BRAINWASHING. So, no, teaching the bible, the quran or any other religion isn't wrong. However, when your TEACHING RELIGION crosses that line in to teaching HATE or using SCARE TACTICS in order to try to force belief, it not only crosses in to the "BRAINWASHING" area but in to the very wrong and abuse of power areas...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:56 PM on May. 30, 2010

• teaching them? no.
    teaching they are the right way or not allowing/wanting them them to learn OTHER beliefs then I would say yes
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 3:02 PM on May. 30, 2010

• First of all it's the Koran...
    second, it's not brainwashing, it's passing along a belief system that a family holds dear. I do feel that some religions (or maybe "religious" people) go too far in trying to push their beliefs onto other people-I don't think that is right. I do feel you should bring your child up with morals and standards-whether that comes from a specified religion or not is a personal choice.
    Anonymous

• As long is it is true TEACHING and not indoctronating fear or hate because of differences. As long as you teach that other beliefs are not bad or evil but are a different path. As long as you let them learn open mindedly about other cultures and religions with an open mind then NO its not brainwashing. But the moment fear, hate and narrow mindedness are in the picture then YES it is brainwashing.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:15 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Actually, it's the Qur'an. But anyway. I think everyone agrees that brainwashing is using fear and manipulation to control someone's beliefs, whereas teaching a child and letting them make up their own mind is acceptable provided it's not teaching hatred.
    MamaZoya

Answer by MamaZoya at 3:18 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Quran - definition of Quran by the Free Online Dictionary ...Noun, 1. Quran - the sacred writings of Islam revealed by God to the prophet Muhammad during his life at Mecca and Medina. al-Qur'an, Koran, Book ...
    www.thefreedictionary.com/Quran - Cached - Similar
    Anonymous

• Well since only a few tired misguided fools use hate and fear in their teachings of Christ, I would have to say you all agree the majority of Christians don't brainwash

cool jelly beans we all agree
    Anonymous

• It's not anymore brainwashing then sending them to school.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 3:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• No, God calls us (Christians) to raise our children to love him and glorify him in all that they do

Train A child in the way he should go, and he would not depart from it.

Do I agree with allowng other teachings in my house beside the bible, and a christian perspective, no Never. but that is my opinion. and option. We are to raise our children in the word not of this world. I do not consider keeping other religions as "wrong" in my house brainwashing only because I know what God calls us to believe in.
    UAFwife

Answer by UAFwife at 3:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• So if your child was friends with a Muslim child or a Pagan what would you do or say? Would you keep them from being friends with the child? Would you let them go to the other childs house?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:46 PM on May. 30, 2010