Can you use your food card

quest card at Costco or Sam's Club?

The kids will be out of school for summer vacation and I was wondering if I could purchase food in bulk to feed them breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner through out the summer. They have free breakfast and lunch during the school year.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Becareful, people are going to judge you for this...just like they judge everyone else!
    Anonymous

• i am not sure. I would call the local sam's and costco and ask
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 2:57 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Op here- thanks anon, but if they want to judge me for a asking a simple question about feeding my children then they can kiss my ass! Yes, I purchase food with a quest card I qualify for it and I am not breaking any laws.
    Anonymous

• Probably not, but I guess it depends on where you live... call your local Sam's to find out.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:00 PM on May. 30, 2010

• You can't use your food card at Costco or Sam's Club.
    My DH's cousin is on food stamps, and she tried, but they wouldn't let her.... It might vary by state, though, but I think it's the same with all states. I would call, like MomofDaqJaq suggested.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 3:00 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I know that my local Sams Club accepts EBT (foodstamps), but I believe it varies from store to store.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:01 PM on May. 30, 2010

• You'll have to call them and ask. From other questions like this I've seen, costco doesn't and some Sam's do. Have you checked out angel food ministries? Don't know what you get for your money but they accept food stamps.
    Anonymous

• Good question. Also good idea to try to stretch it as far as possible. It does vary by state. I know here, you can't use coupons w/the food card. I'd do like the others suggested and just call and ask. Good luck!
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:02 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Whoops. I meant to specify.. thought I did. She tried Costco, but they wouldn't accept it, and I think Costco's won't allow it. Not sure about Sam's.
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 3:03 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Have you checked with your county to see if they offer programs for a hot lunch during the summer for school kids? I know ours does - it's only at selected locations, and I've never taken my kids to see what types of foods were offered, but I've seen the flyers.

Answer by missanc at 3:03 PM on May. 30, 2010