I need a job. What are some jobs out there that only take 1 year or less to train in?

I already have my associates degree, so keep in mind that I already have my core classes taken care of. What are some programs that take a year or less but pay at least $10 an hour when you finish. Right now I am looking to a CNA program that only takes 5-7 weeks, but I also want to see what other options are out there. I would like to eventually finish my Bachelor's degree but I can't do that until I find a decent job. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Pharmacy Technician, its in high demand, so high 7 months ago while I was 8 months prego i got hired, they didnt care iwould be leaving soon, they needed the help that much!

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:20 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Dental assistant or paralegal.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:22 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I am a RN...you can do it in 2 years if you go full time....for 1 year I suggest LPN school. You can start with CNA to get in the door somewhere but you won't get paid much. Many companies will pay for you to get your RN degree if you have your LPN or CNA.

I would also recommend x-ray tech...you can also advance from that once you are working....

Pretty much anything in the healthcare field is a good idea...

good luck!
    Anonymous

• Go to a junior college. Take Microsoft office classes (at the minimum, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and at least one basic bookkeeping class.

You will then be able to find an entry level administrative assistant position, hopefully at a larger company that offers tuition reimbursement

Answer by rkoloms at 5:04 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I'm getting ready to go to Real Estate school this summer. That's only a few months.
    Anonymous

• I am a CNA and decided to take a LPN program here that is 9-14mos program. I was in the xray tech program but the cliicals and classes are not flexible and then my sitter got a job with just a weeks notice. But with nursing there are jobs so thats why I decided to go with that route. I will work as a CNA till I can start the program.
    Anonymous

• If you are looking for more than just a J-O-B ("Just Over Broke") and would like schedule your hours AROUND your life then I may have what you are looking for. Its a home based business with a 30-yr-old health and wellness company. All the training is free and online and we are partnered with Mercedes-Benz. This is not a "I just want let someone else decide what hours I work and then accept the pay they give me"-type of business. Its a legitimate home based business where your income potential is matched by your effort. You can earn a profit within a few MONTHS (not a whole year like you asked!). If you are willing to learn and to be coachable I can teach you how to be successful. Whether you need an extra $200, $500 or $5,000 per month, this business can change your life. Visit my website for more information www.choose.myarbonne.com or just contact me through CafeMom! I'd love to give you more info.
    AbbyJada

Answer by AbbyJada at 6:11 PM on Jun. 1, 2010