how to break it off without being mean about...?

i started datin this guy a about week ago and he wants to rush things and already told his daughter im his girlfriend...which is not really what i wanted. he is moving way too fast and wants to be serious and exclusive. i just wanted to date and just see where things go cause i have more important things going on than to worry about a serious relationship, like my schooling. after thinking about i realized that i really dont want to be tied down to any man, i just want to focus on passing my classes and takin care of my kids and just kinda chill with friends on my down time, i dont want to have to think about 'forever" with this guy, i dont think im ready for it.
so how do i tell him that i just want to be friends and go from there?
we been together not even a week and im already stressin, i been ignoring his text today, i know childish, but im sick of the mushy i miss you crap already. cont.....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• just tell him... you're going to hurt his feelings no matter what you say, so you're just going to have to get past that.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 10:30 PM on May. 30, 2010

• op here

i feel like a total bitch cause when said he wanted to date i didnt think he meant serious relationship. help
    Anonymous

• John your a really great guy and I have enjoyed this last week but Im sorry I can not see you any more. My school and child and everything else really needs my full attention right now. Thanks again, I wish you well.

If he says can we be friends, or talk on the phone, or text or anything... be polite but firm and say no.

This kind of many worries me...... too much too fast....... I would do it on the phone or in public and would be VERY careful the next couple weeks. I wish you well on this!!
    Anonymous

• I'd pull away from communicating with him, after you explain that your not a place in your life to be dating...you thought you were, but it's not really for you right now. Be honest.
    CAGirl4

Answer by CAGirl4 at 3:22 PM on May. 30, 2010