Moving in again

I was engaged to my child's father before our son was born. After the birth, the stress of a new baby got to us and we broke up. We got back together after taking a 3month break, and have been dating for nearly 8 months. B4 the breakup we lived together, but after, I moved out. He is talking about living 2gether again, and says he thinks we as a relationship are getting really close to moving back in together. Any thoughts on what he means by really close?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• Not really, I don't know him. Have you asked him to specify? Really close to some may mean next week, while to others, it could mean six months from now.
    Do YOU want to move back in together?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:40 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I actually do:). Quite a bit. I have asked him to specify and he said he's not exactly sure but that we are stronger than ever and our relationship is really close to getting there.
    Anonymous

• Not really knowing him or the situation, I'd guess he's ready, but scared to try again.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 4:12 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I think that you are correct. But if he never gets over his fear I'm afraid that we will never progress forward. Do you have any suggestions as to how I can help him to get over this hesitation? He said he does want to have sleepovers, where our son and I spend the night so we can see how things go, but that process hasn't started yet.
    Anonymous

• with a child already in the picture you might just let him know the time for playing games is over. it's about making a damn decision and following through. it's about the willingness to make a commitment and make it work. that's too much to put yourself through, never mind a child, while he is easily off the hook depending on his feelings. you need to know this is going to be a stable environment for your child's sake. i would ask him if he is willing to go to relationship counseling - not eternally, but maybe just a visit or two to make sure you have worked out what needs to be addressed. sleepovers are incredibly convenient. i ended up in a long term relationship or two i may not have wanted had i taken a little more time had it not been so convenient. he needs to decide this matters - don't be a doormat.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:09 PM on May. 30, 2010