When did u start giving your baby baby food?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Around 4 months. I gave her the baby carrots first, they were the thinnest, and she loved them. Still does. Two weeks later, I gave her the baby bananas. She still loves those too. The baby food jars have recommended ages on the wrapping.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 3:38 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 6 months for my son and my daughter is 5 months and I will start in a month.
    thisloveofmine

Answer by thisloveofmine at 3:42 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My doc had me start at 4 months. I gave him rice cereal for a week and then moved to veggies.
    carsonsmommytam

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:02 PM on May. 30, 2010

• For my 1st it was 4 months starting out with rice cereal and then slowly moving up. My 2nd was 7 months. She wasn't interested in anything that didn't come in a bottle until then.
    Anonymous

• four months. she loved it! she also moved to regular table food at about 9 months.
    Amanduhpanda

Answer by Amanduhpanda at 5:41 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 6 months.
    "The baby food jars have recommended ages on the wrapping." Yes, and they want to to start as soon as possible so that you will buy more of their food!!

There are lots of benefits to waiting until at least 6 months, and only risks for starting before that, so I figured, why not just wait!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:08 PM on May. 30, 2010

• No baby food at all (overpriced, wasteful, and doesn't taste good). We do tablefood. Gave experimental taste at 6 months and wasn't really ready or all that interested. Stopped for a month. Tried again and the interest in food and ability to chew (gum food) much more advanced. She'll try anything and likes to partake of meals with us.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 7:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My first, about 5 months, but he didn't really start enjoying it and eating a lot of it until close to 8 months. My second, I tried at about 6 months, but she wouldn't have any of it; she went straight to table foods at 7 months.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:16 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 4 month with rice cereal & 6 month with oatmeal and baby jar foods. My doctor suggested me to start with sweet potato first, my daughter loved it!
    Bubbles_mommy

Answer by Bubbles_mommy at 5:12 PM on May. 31, 2010