has any1 here used a dating site.

I am not desperate, but i have been checking out some of the dating online sites. One of interest is/was BABYBOOMERS.COM. has any 1 been happy with the sites or had problems. ty

pandie

Asked by pandie at 3:41 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• A person doesn't need to be desperate to use an online dating site. I used them for years and was happy with all the guys I met. I met SO online so I quit going to the dating sites. I've never used the one you mentioned though.

Answer by admckenzie at 3:51 PM on May. 30, 2010

• me and my SO met through craigslist. i posted under the strictly platonic- venting about my ex who was still controlling my life and how i wanted to meet someone who wouldnt be a freeloading asshole... he replied (with many others), and we kinda hit it off from there.
    Anonymous

• "A person doesn't need to be desperate to use an online dating site. I used them for years and was happy with all the guys I met. I met SO online so I quit going to the dating sites. I've never used the one you mentioned though."

I totally agree. I met my husband on match.com. It worked very well for us!
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 5:03 PM on May. 30, 2010

• No desperation required for dating sites. I met my boyfriend on okcupid.com. Second best decision I ever made was signing up on that site (in case you're wondering, the best decision I ever made was contacting him). He is absolutely the love of my life, I've always felt like I've known him forever, and I can't imagine my life without him in it. I would highly recommend okcupid. I tried some other sites, but they didn't quite seem to have what I was looking for. I did, however, also like plentyoffish.com. I made a couple of male friends on there, so it's not a bad site. Good luck with your search!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 5:15 PM on May. 30, 2010

• like i said i am not deperate (thanks for ur answers that i got so far. I was just out of couriosity if any1 ever went on any site and might have had to report some1. Just checking thanks

pandie

Answer by pandie at 5:50 PM on May. 30, 2010

• i read a book by the guy who started eHarmony. if i weren't married and were interested in a relationship, i would use that site. the free sites are more about hookups. it depends what you're looking for. about 15 years ago i met a really nice guy online and went on a couple dates. there was no chemistry though - probably me being too immature. i think it's really okay as long as you are very cautious about giving out personal information too quickly, making sure to meet in a public place until you know this person, and are clear in your expectations. and i suggest trusting your intuition completely.
    figaro8895

Answer by figaro8895 at 9:16 PM on May. 30, 2010

• pof.com is a free dating sit and it is not all about th hook up. A lot of pople find really great long lasting relationships on that site I personally know 3 couples that have gotten married to someone they meet on that site.
    Anonymous

• There are lots of morons you meet in person, so nothing wrong with dating sites. Good for you, hope you find a good guy!
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 11:25 PM on May. 30, 2010