when did your baby get his\her first tooth?

My son is 5 months old and has been teething for 2 months and he still doesn't have a tooth!

Asked by EheartsZ07 at 3:46 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter was very late to get her first tooth - she was 12 months.

My friends baby had her 2 first teeth by 4 months, so they're all different.

Answer by ladysavage at 3:48 PM on May. 30, 2010

• my first was 9 months old, second was 6 months old and the last 3 were between 9 and 10 months. It's different with every baby. 5 months would be early, they can start teething at 3 months mine did and didn't get their teeth till later. Don't worry they will come.

Answer by jojo13 at 3:51 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 13 months.

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• He got his first 2 the same day. It was a week before he was 8 months. Then he got 4 more within 8 days at 9.5 months. He just turned 11 months and has 4 tops and 2 bottoms :) I have friends thats kids got them at 4.5 months and my sister didnt get any until she was 13 months. The range of normal for getting first teeth is hure. Like 2 to 14 months or something huge like that. I know 7 months is the average for the first ;)

Answer by carsonsmommytam at 4:01 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Mine had 2 by 3 mos. She was a VERY early teether and had all her teeth by 11 mos! Most of my friends babies didn't get teeth until 5-7 mos

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:04 PM on May. 30, 2010

• mine got hers at 6months out of now where she bite her daddys finger and he was like i think shes got teeth! shes got 2 we had nooo idea she was teething!! never cranky or nething.

Answer by douellette at 4:47 PM on May. 30, 2010

• 5 months. they can teeth for a long time before they actually poke through!

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 6:05 PM on May. 30, 2010

• ds started at 7 mths. dd started at 6mths

Answer by 3xangel at 7:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Popped out the day she turned 7 months. She was teething for months.

Answer by Marix3 at 8:15 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My first was 6 months; he only ever had teething symptoms at about 3 months and when his 2-year molars were coming in.

My second was 7 months; only symptoms she's ever had were excessive drooling and putting everything in her mouth, but not sure it was because of teething, because she's 13 months and still does that (has 4 teeth now, last of them came in a good 4 or 5 months ago).

It's possible to display teething symptoms for months before teeth actually erupt.

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 9:19 PM on May. 30, 2010