Have you seen the new Pepsi cans?

The have the Pledge on them....and well, took out the verse "Under God". Because they didn't want to offend anyone. Well, I am offended.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:49 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• WHY ARE YOU OFFENDED?
    Anonymous

• Hmmm, I guess they won't be selling those in Canada where I am anyhow!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• So they put the REAL pledge on them is what you're saying... Seeing how "under god" wasn't a part of the original, I don't see it as deleting, just fixing.

And you can go ahead and BE OFFENDED... But there is nothing wrong with going back to the original...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:53 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I'm offended too. We do not have a Christian running the country so the current government is trying to remove God from everything. Considering that this country was founded on the principle of "In God We Trust", God should stay a part of this country forever. When He is taken out of this country, it will cease to exist. Fight it with all you've got!!! There are already works in place to merge Canada, the U.S. and Mexico to create the North American Union - a Socialist union. Fight it hard! Speak with your representatives and tell them that the U.S. must remain a democracy and that we, the people, still want God at the helm!
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:54 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Why am I offended? Because that is an original verse. One country, under God.... They did not want to offend anyone who doesn't believe in God. What about all those who do?
    Anonymous

• LOL... well ya just cant make EVERYone happy can ya!
    Anonymous

• Good for Pepsi! It is nice that they recognize that not every one believes in the Christian God.

I am Christian btw...
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 3:56 PM on May. 30, 2010

• LOL anon 12:54 the least you can do is get the words right. One nation....DOH

And the original was and should go back to
    "I pledge allegiance to my Flag and the Republic for which it stands- one nation indivisible-with liberty and justice for all."
    Notice that last word.....ALL....not just Christians, GOT IT?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 3:58 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Umm ok so you're offended go deal with yourself.You are responsible for how you react. I could care less what Pepsi does, however if they didn't want to offend anyone they should have left the pledge off the can completely. And yeah look up the history of the Pledge. "Under God" was NOT part of the original one. It was added in later.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:00 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Seeing as how the phrase "In God We Trust" didn't make an appearance til 1864, I find that hard to believe that our forefathers had that much insight. Being diests and all. They believed in some sort of higher power, but not necessarily Christianity. I fail to see how a private company making a move to include ALL Americans is a bad thing. And fwiw, I'm Christian.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 4:01 PM on May. 30, 2010