Is your child in modeling

If so how did you get them started?? At what age?

Please no rude answers

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:40 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We hail from Minneapolis originally and that's where Target is based. They do the VAST majority, I'd say 90% of their print ads and internet modeling locally. Since they have toy catalogs at Xmas and weekly ads w/ at least a few children per issue they're constantly searching for new models for clothes, posing with the toys on sale, etc etc. They hire from nearly all the local modeling agencies in order to have a better selection. My daughter did an audition and then a callback as a toddler but by the time it was time for the real shoot, the 18 month Circo clothing she was booked for no longer fit her properly.

Look for a company local to you.... they likely use local models. good luck!
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:44 PM on May. 30, 2010

• oh... my son at 2 mos old had some images bought by Lifetouch (Jc Penney portrait studio) for online and national use.

My daughter last year had an image used for "Clix" a regional photo place. Both times we were asked and had lots of ppwk and got some money and lots of store credit.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:46 PM on May. 30, 2010

• My 16 year old daughter is.
    Without telling us, she signed up at a fashion show to be considered as 'model material.' Three months later, we got a call asking if she could make it to an interview in Richmond. We took her and out of 360 girls, she was one of the 50 selected for their upcoming fall magazine. They love her natural look and have been teaching her how to care for her hair, skin, and nutrition (not diet). They love that she fits the sizes they want to photograph and that she has such a wonderful personality to go with the photos they took of her. She's just having fun with it, I don't think it's anything she will do seriously all her life. She'll do it until she's tired of it. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:17 AM on Jun. 1, 2010