Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


My dh has been drunk for 3days i finally am leaving when i came home he jumped all over me blaming me for everything.. hes the one thats hurting me and his son and im done im going to go leave with my mom go back to school and get life going for me and my son
me and dh have been together almost 6yrs if you want to read what's going on i have another post that says Hes still not home (Selfish)
my question is how do i go get a divorce with no money can i get supervised visitations when he sees his dad i know he wont stay sober to be in his life!! i dont know what to do hes made me into a person that isnt sure about myself i use to be so happy and enjoyed life now i just aint happy no more any advice for going threw a divorce or how to get a 2 yr old boy threw a divorce so it doesnt hurt him so much please advice

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 4:50 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

Answers (7)
  • I would first take you and your son to safety then I would get some counseling for you and probably got Al-anon for people who are related to an alcoholic. after I would start calling around for an attorney to work on a sliding fee scale or pro bono you have to call your local bar association for this or legal aid. After you move out and feel safe work on your son work on a way that you can keep his father safely in his life. GL Momma.


    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:59 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • sorry that was supposed to be go to lol

    Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:00 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • I know you have no money.But if you really want supervised visits(and I would too)....I think a lawyer may be needed.Maybe where you live they have a program that could help you.but I agree leave as soon as you can with the child.then worry about the rest later.

    Answer by evelynwest at 7:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • document everything. if there is anything going on that you can file a report about, do it. but just keep good notes and write down as many things as you can remember regarding the drinking and your husband's behavior. kids are very resilient. better to leave now and let him learn about strength and be in a good environment. legal aid can help you. good for you for not thinking you can change a drunk and not staying and enabling. i mean that.

    Answer by figaro8895 at 9:04 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • The two yr old won't remember much. Just keep him busy and happy and bad memories of dad will fade. Go to Legal Aid. They can do your divorce for free.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • babies younger than three won't remember anything. move out first and get your son somewhere safe. since your dh is an alcoholic it will be easier for you to get supervised visits. i don't know how much divorce costs but you could save up money when you get a job or something. you don't have to get divorced immediately. most important is getting your son and yourself a better life without him. good luck.

    Answer by xavierlogan09 at 11:41 PM on May. 30, 2010

  • when there's custody contested, you need all the help you can get. You must get a lawyer. Is there anyone in your family that might be in a position to make a loan? You'd be surprised, my uncle offered to help me with that, and he NEVER gives out money.

    Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on May. 31, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.