Mothers that smoke pot are?...

A)stupid
b)selfish
c)fine wit the choices they make
d)bad mothers
e.all of the above
f)none of the above??

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 4:58 PM on May. 30, 2010 in General Parenting

• As long as they are not smoking it in front of their children I think it's fine. It is no different than drinking adult beverages imo.
    Anonymous

• My answer is F

I really don't think it makes you any of those things. You know the chances you are taking since it is not legal yet.

But i am not going to fault another mom for what she chooses to do, As long as she takes care of her kids first and foremost.
    MomOfDagJag

Answer by MomOfDagJag at 5:01 PM on May. 30, 2010

• G) just like a mom who doesn't smoke pot.

Might be a great mom, might be kinda distracted or not there, might be abusive or neglectful. Just like anyone else.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 5:06 PM on May. 30, 2010

• breaking the law.
    Anonymous

• G---maybe she does it for medical purposes.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 5:08 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I'm gonna have to go with F. I know some moms that smoke weed and you couldn't even tell because they still take great care of thier children. It's just something they like to do during their alone time like some moms may like a glass of wine when they have alone time. It's just illegal...lol but whatever, their perogative!!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 5:26 PM on May. 30, 2010

• i find it amusing that this was written by a teenager.... am I right that mommy16love means you are a teenager. I totally get where you are coming from... I too am dealing with a teen and peer pressure. my 15 yr old is having to deal with the whole pot pressure too, Luckily she only has her self to worry about (not a mom).  Dont worry you too can get through this.  Just look at that baby of yours and know that you have more at stake than the teens putting the pressure on you.  Be strong, be a woman, do the right thing by that child.

Anonymous

• Yes it does mean I am a teen,Im not by any means against pot,we all have our opinions,thats what I am looking for but when your opinions are directed towards me when they are not true and you know NOTHING about me is when I will tell you,I am not by any means under peer pressure thats ridiculous I dont even hang out with any one my age I choose to smoke pot,I dont regret smoking pot Because I'm a mother because I know I am a good mother,And me being 16 has nothing to do with it,I know women in their thirtys that aren't half as good as a mother I am or other teen moms I know,Smoking weed or drinking wine,or smoking a cigarette has nothing to do with how you parent your child,its your responsibility to choose how you raise your kids,and when you set aside time for your habits,Like I usually smoke weed when my daughter is in bed at 7:30,or I smoke when she takes her naps at 1230 and 4 o clock
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 6:03 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I dont want to keep rambling but my point is,dont judge a mother by one tiny thing she does,you never know where and when she does it,and their or wayy too many aspects on choosing whether you think a woman is a good mother or not! you cnat see one thing and then say shes a bad or irresponsible parent!
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 6:04 PM on May. 30, 2010

• okayyy so you didn't actually want answers to your question, you wanted a platform to justify your actions -
    My answer is
    G - stoned & unable to react quickly & responsibly if an emergency occurs - you might only smoke when your daughter is in bed at 7.30pm, What happens when you're stoned & a fire breaks out, do you honestly think you will have your wits about you to be sure you can get your daughter to safety? I wouldn't be sure & I'm 37 with a hell of a lot more life experience. So you see, it isn't just the notion of smoking that makes it irresponsible, if it was just you alone with zero responsibility most people couldn't give a crap. It is the potential for danger to your child that makes others critical & think you are NOT doing your job as a parent. Sorry it isn't what you want to hear, but this is parenthood & you have to deny yourself things if they place your child in danger- do it when she's in someone elses care
    myheartx4

Answer by myheartx4 at 7:52 PM on May. 30, 2010