why do ppl assume that pagans are witches and that they do this weird things?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Pagans are NOT witches. I will tell you right now- I totally cast spells and dance naked around fires, and I am certainly NOT a pagan. Would NEVER be one! (kidding)
    OP- People judge because they are ignorant. To be *stupid* is one thing, but to be *ignorant* is to possess no knowledge on the subject. People are also afraid of that which they do not know, and many are just plain too lazy to find out. There are a lot of people that simply accept life just the way they choose to live it and that all other ways are wrong. I am not saying that everyone would should try different lifestyles. I am just saying that more people should research a better understanding of other diversities in the world. It could save them from being so judgmental.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 5:32 PM on May. 30, 2010

• because they are and they do
    Anonymous

• op here

no we dont...im not going around and castin spells or dancin naked around a fire, only crazy people do that
    Anonymous

• I don't assume anything. People should do research and have facts so they don't have to assume anyway.
    Some pagans do spell craft from what I understand, but I dont think they do the naked dance around a fire. Maybe they do as a fun sex game with hubby I don't know.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 5:24 PM on May. 30, 2010

• From what I understand, Pagans are just very in tune with nature.. And there is nothing wrong with that. That's the good part of living in the good ole USA.. You have the freedom to choose whatever religion you would like.
    xxlilmomma09

Answer by xxlilmomma09 at 5:31 PM on May. 30, 2010

• The history of Paganism has some pretty strange stuff in it. That's why.
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 5:32 PM on May. 30, 2010

• same reason people assume Christians are narrow minded & judgmental. No-one wants to take the time to learn what people REALLY believe. They just ASSUME they know.
    Anonymous

• I don't assume anything of them.
    Anonymous

• Not everyone does. However, some of the things do not make sense to me. I have a friend that is Pagan. We really do not discuss our religions too much anymore or try to "change" one another. I don't understand how people can truly believe in fairies, casting spells and such. I on the other hand am Christian she used to think all Christians were narrow minded and judgmental and was very surprised that I was so open and accepting to her, as she is lesbian and Pagan. A lot is how we are raised. I was raised in a very accepting Christian family and her was a very religious ( Luthern?, I think) upbringing. We all make our own choices and should not be judged for them yet each and everyone of us constantly is, whether we go a more "traditional" route or not. Don't worry about what others think, worry about how you think and how you relate to God or whoever you worship and hope that in the end you made the right choices in life.
    roosmom_03

Answer by roosmom_03 at 6:36 PM on May. 30, 2010