Barbeques versus the George Foreman grill

I know there is probably no comparison here. But, I live in an apt with a tiny backyard and Im really uncomfortable with bringing a barbeque into the back area. Neighbor has this huge tree that hangs down. Anyhoo, does anyone own one of those grills and if you do how do you like it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:24 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I used to have a large GF grill. There is absolutely no comparison to a real grill. I really don't think you can do ribs, chicken, corn on the cob, etc. with the GF grill. Plus after a while, it stops getting as hot as when you originally got it. It makes nasty grilled cheese, BTW.
    paige8608

Answer by paige8608 at 5:27 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I had the small one and it worked great!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:43 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I have an older George Foreman and I love it! We've had it for 8 years and it still works like it did when it was new and I use it about once every two weeks, more often in the summer. I use it for steak, chicken, and pork chops. The flavor and everything is different than an outdoor bbq, but I like it in the summer because it's fast and doesn't heat up the house like the oven does. I would like to upgrade to the one with removable plates though because it is kind of a pain to clean it.
    Anonymous

• We use a George Foreman grill in the winter time, its great for burgers and bonelss chicken breast...we've even done steaks and london broil, but I have to say its a giant bitch to clean. It does, IMO, make better grilled chicken than our gas grill.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:14 PM on May. 30, 2010