Is it just me...?

Or do I just have zero tolerance compared to the other momma's on here who will take such crap from their SO/DH's?

Maybe I just think really highly of myself... I know I have no tolerance over people treating me like shit. I've dealt with it before from previous BF's, and after meeting my DH, I truly feel like I know my worth.
Isn't life just too short? Don't you deserve better than what you're being dished out?
Hmmm....

ManicMomma02

Asked by ManicMomma02 at 5:35 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• I hear that! I'm like you too. Boggles the mind what women will tolerate

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:38 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I weeded out the jerks while dating.... therefore once I did decide to marry I had a good one to start with.
    Anonymous

• I agree but unfortunately many women in this world allow themselves to be treated poorly. Some b/c of the way they were brought up, some b/c they don't see any other way...

I am a firm believer that women should educated themselves and be able to support themselves before getting into a relationship and having kids. That way, if things don't work out or the guy is a complete ass, you can leave and support yourself and family. I think too many women feel there is no way out so they just take it. I am not one of them. Take charge of your life and never let anyone treat you bad! We all deserve love and respect!
    Anonymous

• women should educate (not educated...lol) so much for my own words...ha!!!
    Anonymous

• AND THAT IS WHY IM DIVORCED!!!
    Anonymous

• I do totally agree but that said, I knew I'd never marry anyone who pushed me around or who was disrespectful to me. My husband and I have mutual respect. If that ever changes, I'll leave him and fight in court to take every penny that is mine. He knows this too so we're good to each other. I'd suspect he'd do the same. Still, there are days I want to toss a plate at his head but I refrain.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 5:42 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Oh yeah, definitely.
    Some days, my DH is completely oblivious and an absolute tool... but I have those days too. It's our "off" days.

I see women on here, and even my friends who are like "we fight ALL the time... and he never helps with anything! He just bitches and complains whenever I ask him to occasionally change her diaper and insults me... But I love him so much!"
    ManicMomma02

Answer by ManicMomma02 at 5:47 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I had that problem until I started to work again and when I went back o school and started my own business. I also started making friends so I was not waiting for him to be everything to me. Now I am not sitting around waiting for his approval . I started to realize my own value and now it keeps me from putting up with his crap. He recognizes it as well.

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 6:12 PM on May. 30, 2010

• I think the most important thing that we DON'T learn is that we just CANNOT be dependent on someone else for our own happiness. I dearly love my hubby, and sometimes he has one of those "off" days. But if I sat around and waited for him to do everything to make me happy, I would be waiting a loooong time. MY happiness is up to ME, as HIS happiness is up to HIM. That is in no way meant to imply that we each go our separate ways all the time, but that we recognize that happiness comes from within, and thus cannot be the responsibility of another person. (Of course, there are things that drive me up the wall, and he tries not to do those things, and vice-versa. but that's not the same thing.)
    Anonymous