Laryngitis...how long does it last?

is there anything you can do to make your voice come back faster?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:21 PM on May. 30, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Drink honey tea and suck on lemon honey drops. if it lasts more than 3 days see a dr as it may damage your voice box

Answer by admckenzie at 6:29 PM on May. 30, 2010

• The best thing you can do is try not to talk. And don't whisper- whispering is very hard on your vocal cords. If you're coughing, take a cough suppressant because coughing also puts strain on your vocal chords. Not being able to talk at all should only last for a couple days, though you might sound hoarse or croaky for a week or so. I get laryngitis every single time I have a cold/cough- I know it sucks! Hope you feel better soon!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 6:29 PM on May. 30, 2010

• Talk as little as possible. Do NOT whisper, that causes more issues. I have had laryingitis that lasted 7 days. I drink tea with honey and take Advil. Not much else can be done. IF it lasts more than a week, call the doctor.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 8:12 PM on May. 30, 2010